Phantom 4 Gimbal Guard

I have about 20 flights in now, never moved the gimbal once... trying to master the controls of my drone first before adding another thing to focus on. Plus, until spring where I live is pretty ugly through out the state. Also, I may be confused... I am referencing the foam piece that is wedge up into the gimbal preventing it from moving.

You didn't notice the warning alert on your display ? Remember the gimble is controlled by a motor and you keeping the clamp on can be damaging it, kinda like driving your car with the emergency brake engaged.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

You didn't notice the warning alert on your display ? Remember the gimble is controlled by a motor and you keeping the clamp on can be damaging it, kinda like driving your car with the emergency brake engaged.

No, no warnings... perhaps because I was in beginner mode while running it ?

DSCF6030.JPG

Reactions: chadrob30
No, no warnings... perhaps because I was in beginner mode while running it ?

Beginner mode does not affect whether the gimbal servo motors are powered or not. You must DEFINITELY remove the gimbal guard even BEFORE powering up the drone. ON startup, the camera does all sorts of crazy rotations to calibrate its orientation. By blocking it (not removing the guard) you're 'stalling' the gimbal motors and your expensive toy will be trashed in no time.

Beginner mode does not affect whether the gimbal servo motors are powered or not. You must DEFINITELY remove the gimbal guard even BEFORE powering up the drone. ON startup, the camera does all sorts of crazy rotations to calibrate its orientation. By blocking it (not removing the guard) you're 'stalling' the gimbal motors and your expensive toy will be trashed in no time.
The plastic guard was off , it was a foam piece higher up on the gimbal.

I'm with the fellow that uses the guard only when in the back pack for travel. I have started the p4 with it on once and luckily no damage. 8 months and still best drone so far for me, other than the inspire. My p2 flew off way back and search was no luck, got home to tell wife and she said someone just called, it had landed in there back yard. My phone number was on it with "Reward" Lucky night!

Reactions: Ron Davis
how did you paint your bird? I would like to paint mine in order to make it more visible -orange o yellow-. Did you took it apart?

He didn't paint it, it came that way. It's the Black Edition.

Black edition. I believe it is only available at Best Buy. My fear is in a short time I will not be able to find the black batteries anymore. I bought three. Hope that is enough until the 5 comes out next year.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT