Phantom 4 crash

Reaction score
Hi all
I would like some help if anyone can
Maybe msinger since you are the absolute genius in here
I posted this previously and I was very upset what happened on that day and with my comments I may offended /angered some people here my apologies
Now this what happened
My friend and I going out for a litchi mission we both have the same setup p4 latest version of controller and firmware
It was a fly zone calm day no interference ambient temperatures
No warnings in app everything calibrated
Now I love the litchi app it's been great but on that day I had a few problems with it
Now my friend starts the mission phantom slowed down towards the 2. Waypoint without any manual input
So he canceled the mission you can see what happened in the screenrecording
Now was it pilot error software issue or a hardware failure?
Just wondering in he's litchiapp controller version is different to what it shows in the DJI app also mine is the same except in litchi it shows as n/a hm???
When we found the p4 all props where still on but badly damaged what could be the reason ?
9fef773b4ba62e53e7dcc4c7320b8140.jpg
8dedcbbfef84c85231534b3ba1ee7849.jpg
7b9c5012c96aa1193b3b9d95b6e95f36.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Did both drones collide?

Alec he is a very busy man he is a doctor and has limited time we are close friends and I like to find out why this happened worries me I'm little concerned as I fly with exactly the same set up
As far as I know he forwarded the dat file to DJI but no news yet because of Chinese New Year
Besides he is not interested in this forum

Hi magicman
He canceled the mission on purpose by going into sports mode after litchi for some reason slowed down to 2 km/h cruising speed was set to 24 km/h strange that litchi shows a different controller version than in the DJI app

Reactions: BudWalker
+1 for honda's comment... no one is going to page through all those screen shots. When you come for help, you have to recognize that there are some requirements to facilitate that help. I speak from experience...

Alec he is a very busy man he is a doctor and has limited time we are close friends and I like to find out why this happened worries me I'm little concerned as I fly with exactly the same set up
As far as I know he forwarded the dat file to DJI but no news yet because of Chinese New Year
Besides he is not interested in this forum

I will be suprised if DJI even bothers to look at a litchi flight log. Log for AC different story.

Got a reply from litchi and this may be something to consider in future missions
Litchi is a good software but can only as good as the hardware
Point here is the obstacle avoidance on the phantom 4
If something is detected in the flight path during a mission the phantom will slow down could even a light reflection like a mirror effect confusing the sensors on the obstacle avoidance sunlight in particular
This would be a problem on a long mission where signal may be lost and operator has no idea what's going on waiting like Houston on apollo mission so the choice would be to turn of avoidance and plan a mission carefully or take a gamble which I would not take on long missions where I might get a disconnect

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West