Phantom 4 Car Charger

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm going to Africa and couple of long safaris in September. For in-car charging I have 240V inverter which works great. But it's quite bulky item. I was wondering has anyone tired and have feedback for 3rd party in-car chargers for P4 ? 1st choice would be genuine DJI charger, but I've seen quite a few alternatives at least 3 times cheaper than DJI charger. Has anyone used one of them, there are various options with regulators and without...

Hello everyone,

I'm going to Africa and couple of long safaris in September. For in-car charging I have 240V inverter which works great. But it's quite bulky item. I was wondering has anyone tired and have feedback for 3rd party in-car chargers for P4 ? 1st choice would be genuine DJI charger, but I've seen quite a few alternatives at least 3 times cheaper than DJI charger. Has anyone used one of them, there are various options with regulators and without...
No help from me, but do update if you find a good one. Personally I'm wondering if there is a version that can charge 2 batteries at the same time.

This is an old thread but I had this same question. We haven't heard back from the OP so I'll ask if anyone has used these alternate chargers with any success. I've used non OEM chargers before for my DSLR batteries and never had a problem with them. They work beautifully and I still am using the original batteries I bought in 2010 so the charger has not ruined them. I'm hoping this is the case with the alternate Phantom chargers. I'm watching one on eBay that can charge 2 batteries at once for around $10. Although, my plan would be to charge while flying with another battery so I really wouldn't need the double charger.

Any info to help bring this thread back to life would be appreciated.

I would check the fuse capacity of the cigar lighter in the vehicle to ensure it can handle the load. My f150 has a 20 amp fuse so it's good for 240 watts, so I could charge 2 batteries at the same time if I had 2 dji car chargers rated at 90 watts. This one which I have not tried (can't get it shipped to Canada) seems to be a good pure sin wave power supply for the 120v charger. Amazon.com: BESTEK 300W Power Inverter DC 12V to AC 110V Pure Sine Wave Inverter with 4.2A Dual Smart USB Ports Car Adapter: Automotive

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl