Phantom 4 Advanced???

So 1349 for the Advanced and 1649 for the advanced + which includes the 5.5" screen. 4.3mile range, 30 minute flight time (looks like due to lighter, stronger shell...lighter than P4), 5 vision sensors, 4k/60, etc.
Looks like another great drone:
Phantom 4 Advanced | DJI Store

...I'd like to see if they've strengthened the shell at/around the battery bay.. simple check, shine a flashlight inside the batt bay towards the rear landing leg(s),
both sides..(if i had to guess, I'd say no, they're still trying to milk all they can out of this model, but would be interesting to see)...
upload_2017-4-13_12-28-40.png

IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

...I'd like to see if they've strengthened the shell at/around the battery bay.. simple check, shine a flashlight inside the batt bay towards the rear landing leg(s),
both sides..(if i had to guess, I'd say no, they're still trying to milk all they can out of this model, but would be interesting to see)...
View attachment 80417
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net
I would bet it's the same shell. They even used the old P4 GL300C controller, which is weak. This P4A won't have the range of the P4P because of the weak controller. It's not worth a mere $150 savings to lose the 5.8Ghz and rear/side OA. It's better to go with P4P IMO.

Reactions: nhoover and vjdave
I would bet it's the same shell. They even used the old P4 GL300C controller, which is weak. This P4A won't have the range of the P4P because of the weak controller. It's not worth a mere $150 savings to lose the 5.8Ghz and rear/side OA. It's better to go with P4P IMO.

From DJI's website......'adoption of titanium alloy and magnesium alloy construction increases the rigidity of the airframe and reduces weight, making the Phantom 4 Advanced even lighter than the Phantom 4.'
So it looks like a different shell than the P4 but same as the P4P.

So yea...I agree...for only $150 better to go with P4P. If this one was 999 or even 1099 it may have been a better value. But at 1349 not worth the downgrade IMO.

I would have been willing to pay $1349 tomorrow if it had only used Ocu-Sync. That would have been the bees knees, perfect for the upcoming wireless goggles, not to mention superior range. There's no way that craft will go 4.3mi using the GL300C, no way. You'd be lucky to get a mile, unless you're in a desert or rural area. You'll definitely want to install a DBS2.2 kit, right away.

Last edited:
Reactions: tak5501
Is this a tap-to-focus camera like the mavic or fixed focus like th P4 does anyone know?

I really like how the P4 is always sharp and in focus without the need for an autofocus procedure each time the drone hovers.

Ta.

I think we need a P4A section added to this forum.
Is this a tap-to-focus camera like the mavic or fixed focus like th P4 does anyone know?

I really like how the P4 is always sharp and in focus without the need for an autofocus procedure each time the drone hovers.

Ta.
Like Meta4 says, you'll need to focus the camera, and you also have aperture settings to set too. I think there's an auto-focus function now, correct me if I'm wrong.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164