phantom 3

Reaction score
hello there, I have the phantom 3 standard, you know when you have to put the pass code 1234 1234 well on my phone when I'm ready to fly I don't have to put the 1234 on my phone, I don't get it, on my other phone I had to do it all the time. but I got another phone 2 months ago, and I never had to put that code in, anyone have some advice, I think I can still fly it that way, everything else is working fine the camera, I can check all the other stuff to make sure I'm ready to fly, And my 2 nd question is how can I save my battery if I don't fly very often so I don't have to buy another one down the road, I have 2 of them, and id really like to use them again, thanks,

If you traded Apple for Apple, the wifi passwords would transfer and you wouldn’t have to enter it again, if I’m understanding your question correctly. If you’re connecting to the aircraft, then there is no problem and that’s exactly what’s happening.

Your batteries will maintain themselves. They will drain power (after 10 default days, which you can change if you like)... but stand by... there are a ton of opinions on that and you’ll get ‘em shortly!

Have fun!

Reactions: epicdoom
If you traded Apple for Apple, the wifi passwords would transfer and you wouldn’t have to enter it again, if I’m understanding your question correctly. If you’re connecting to the aircraft, then there is no problem and that’s exactly what’s happening.

Your batteries will maintain themselves. They will drain power (after 10 default days, which you can change if you like)... but stand by... there are a ton of opinions on that and you’ll get ‘em shortly!

Have fun!
Plus 1 for this post
I set my batteries to discharge in 5 days just personal preference. If your going to leave the batteries dormant for an extended period of time you will want them discharged to around 50-60% they will do this automatically once you set the battery to discharge within a prescribed time frame. I check my batteries every three months while in storage to make sure they aren't sinking below 50% if they are I recharge them and let the process begin again.

Reactions: jwmcgrath
Plus 1 for this post
I set my batteries to discharge in 5 days just personal preference. If your going to leave the batteries dormant for an extended period of time you will want them discharged to around 50-60% they will do this automatically once you set the battery to discharge within a prescribed time frame. I check my batteries every three months while in storage to make sure they aren't sinking below 50% if they are I recharge them and let the process begin again.

Agreed. Analyze your own patterns... I’ll fly every weekend in the summer so I set discharge to 8 days, so that when I charge them all on Sunday night or Monday, they’ll be ready for the next weekend or a spontaneous weekday flight.

I’ll change that to three days in the winter because it’s less likely I’ll get out as often, so I don’t stress too much about spontaneous flights. Whatever works for you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor