Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

I succeed patch 27dbm mod. Try to reconnect with DJI Go few times. The patch still working. ;)

One strange thing. After patched i can't connect to my LG GPad II. SSID is disappeard. But no problem with my iPhone 6 and Sharp 303sh. Don't know why.

What is the purpose of RC limit to 20dB? Any different with 27dBm?
I'm newbie in P3s. Thanks again :)

If you are using Android, install free RF Tools by Jeff Curtis 2013. Play with dbm, Watts and EIRP in there then you will see the different. Also there is a free app called RF Calculator if you like to do advance research.

Arya Dega

Reactions: hayato
I succeed patch 27dbm mod. Try to reconnect with DJI Go few times. The patch still working. ;)

One strange thing. After patched i can't connect to my LG GPad II. SSID is disappeard. But no problem with my iPhone 6 and Sharp 303sh. Don't know why.
Same here.. With lg pad 8.3
The problem was channel patch...
Without channel patch it connetcs ok

Before patch i could do 1.4 km once
Now not even 1km... Before lose rc
Now better 2.4 but worst 5.8...

Enviado do meu LG-H955 através de Tapatalk

Will Papas settings remain even after reboot of everything and DJI GO app use? In other words, it will stick?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Depending on where you fly.
You should use 20 in USA, 17 in Europe, and 27 where you are now....

Ojcze, is the 5.8 Ghz also split into two strenghs, CE and FCC mode? Or does it only have one strength? I read you are working on something.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

One more question.

As DJI said, FCC and CE mode is according your GPS
If i'm in FCC area already and want to restore with papi app.

The option [revert back to 17dbm] will force me to CE mode?

Thanks again :)

If you are using Android, install free RF Tools by Jeff Curtis 2013. Play with dbm, Watts and EIRP in there then you will see the different. Also there is a free app called RF Calculator if you like to do advance research.

Arya Dega

Thanks for sharing! Downloaded and found 27dbm is 10 times output of 17dbm! :eek:

Does anyone test the battery time of RC? Will it shorter?

Reactions: Arya
Same here.. With lg pad 8.3
The problem was channel patch...
Without channel patch it connetcs ok

Before patch i could do 1.4 km once
Now not even 1km... Before lose rc
Now better 2.4 but worst 5.8...

Enviado do meu LG-H955 através de Tapatalk

The patch should affect 2.4g output only?

For 5.8g, i suggest you buy a wind surfer
It mades my drond from 1.2km to 1.8km

Since the patch only applies to the 2,4 Ghz video transfer: How can applying to "RC Only (recommended)" make the videosignal stronger/reach longer distance as it is transmitted from the drone? How will increasing the strength on the remote controller only give better video reception?

Since the patch only applies to the 2,4 Ghz video transfer: How can applying to "RC Only (recommended)" make the videosignal stronger/reach longer distance as it is transmitted from the drone? How will increasing the strength on the remote controller only give better video reception?

Perhaps the RC in this case means "Remote Controlled", instead of "Remote Controller".... I don't know....

Arya Dega

logic in the program if the video signal is lost do RTH

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using PhantomPilots mobile app

logic in the program if the video signal is lost do RTH

Dear PapaTita will 27 dbm mod for RC only option (without scan channel feature checked) unlock channel 13 as well? I would like to use channel 13 as locked preference as I think is not use so often by Wi-Fi devices. Now I am using 27 dbm with scan channel but I had few problems when I was flying over a city with a lot of interferences around, it's taking ages to regain the connection. Is there a way to add this feature with the new update? Many thanks

Dear PapaTita will 27 dbm mod for RC only option (without scan channel feature checked) unlock channel 13 as well? I would like to use channel 13 as locked preference as I think is not use so often by Wi-Fi devices. Now I am using 27 dbm with scan channel but I had few problems when I was flying over a city with a lot of interferences around, it's taking ages to regain the connection. Is there a way to add this feature with the new update? Many thanks
The scan channel indeed use channel 13 as the starting point to search empty channel.
You can use telnet for checking.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94