Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

How to see if we are in fcc or CE mode?

Enviado do meu LG-H955 através de Tapatalk

Last edited:
Me too. What range are you getting with this setup?
longest so far 900m, but that was without todays mod. So id expect at least 1100m.
Flying east across these fields.
Google Maps

That is far from normal though. Only 700m flying south from this location
Google Maps

Two small directional 2.4ghz antennas on controller too btw, so 3 in total.

So i have done the 27db mod using the windows software and now my drone is still saying 17db and the controller is saying 27db.
Is this correct??

Sent from my SM-G360G using PhantomPilots mobile app

On another note, would some programmer compare the 1.5.7+ and 1.6.4 FW versions to see what in the source codes limits flight? 1.5.7+ is good. 1.6.4 is bad at least for my P3S bird.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: TDKUK
On another note, would some programmer compare the 1.5.7+ and 1.6.4 FW versions to see what in the source codes limits flight? 1.5.7+ is good. 1.6.4 is bad at least for my P3S bird.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
+1000000 its time to this ..

Reactions: TDKUK
some friends also said failed update, so I did a little revision, can you download the application and then do the process again?

If you had taken my previous post a bit more serious you would have known why it fails. There is an error in your code. It is not setting the correct permissions of 755 for the "watchlog.sh" script:

upload_2016-7-16_22-13-13.png

I guess you tested your Windows tool against a remote control that had already been patched.

Attachments

• upload_2016-7-16_22-11-46.png
    upload_2016-7-16_22-11-46.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 374
So i have done the 27db mod using the windows software and now my drone is still saying 17db and the controller is saying 27db.
Is this correct??

That is correct because the Windows software appears to only patch the Remote Control and not the drone. At current you will have to patch the drone manually following the instructions that can be found in this thread.

The good news is that when the drone has been patched it does not appear to get reset by the DJI Go app in the same way the remote control does. So for the drone there is no need for the "watchlog.sh" script...

That is correct because the Windows software appears to only patch the Remote Control and not the drone. At current you will have to patch the drone manually following the instructions that can be found in this thread.

The good news is that when the drone has been patched it does not appear to get reset by the DJI Go app in the same way the remote control does. So for the drone there is no need for the "watchlog.sh" script...
Hi, I was wondering the same thing, my drone also shows 17dbm after I run the program, my question is, where does each file go if I patch the drone side manually? I have look through this whole forum and can not find a clear answer.

Sent from my Letv X500 using PhantomPilots mobile app

This means that the best way is to download the file and edit the file from a Linux/Mac machine ?
Or putty if I logon to the drone I can do that from windows?

This means that the best way is to download the file and edit the file from a Linux/Mac machine ?
Or putty if I logon to the drone I can do that from windows?

You can download the file(s) you want to edit using FTP. If you're using Windows command-line FTP make sure to enable "type binary" (!) when transferring file. When you have downloaded the file(s) onto Windows you should use a text editor like Notepad++ to edit the file(s). But really - all instructions are in this thread.

You can indeed also edit the file(s) directly on the drone using putty and vi - but you can only do that after you have enabled telnet. When editing file(s) directly on the drone I suggest you make sure that you are familiar with using the vi editor...

Reactions: doctor_pin
I kinda lost track in everything that needs to be done [emoji20] This has become a long and confusing thread. I used the program in this thread to update to 27, but that's not enough? Would be great if someone could make a new overview with all steps that need to be done... Thnx :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Rob21
I am new but its clear, 1st we have to enable the telnet
then we have edit the files adding the correct value inside the loop ;)

Hi, I was wondering the same thing, my drone also shows 17dbm after I run the program, my question is, where does each file go if I patch the drone side manually? I have look through this whole forum and can not find a clear answer.

Here is what I did on the DRONE-side using a WINDOWS system:
  1. Turn on the Remote Control
  2. Turn on the Drone
  3. Connect your Windows device to the WiFi signal of the Remote Control
  4. Open a Windows command prompt (Start -> Run -> "cmd")
  5. Make note of the current directory for your Command Prompt window. It is typically set to "C:\Users\<your username>".
  6. Type in "ftp 192.168.1.2" followed by Enter
  7. Type in user name "root" followed by Enter
  8. Type in password "Big~9China" followed by Enter
  9. You should see a "230 Login successful." response
  10. Type in "cd /etc/init.d/" followed by Enter
  11. You should see a "250 Directory successfully changed." response
  12. Type in "type binary" followed by Enter
  13. You should see a "200 Switching to Binary mode." response
  14. Type in "get rcS" followed by Enter. Note that the S is a capital S...
  15. The "rcS" file will be downloaded into the current directory for your Command Prompt window (see step 5)

Now we start editing the file on your Windows device...
  16. Start the Notepad++ editor and open the "rcS" file

Note:

Do NOT use the Windows Notepad editor (!)

17. In Notepad++, using the menu structure at the top of the screen, verify that the file encoding is set to "Encode in UTF-8" (Encoding -> "Encode in UTF-8"). This should already be selected but it does not hurt to verify...
  18. Scroll down to line 61 and change it:
    To: "telnetd -l /bin/ash &"
    So you remove the #-character from the beginning of the line
  19. Now ADD the following lines to the end of the file:
    iw reg set US
    iw dev wlan0 set tx power limit 2700
  20. Now save the file and close Notepad++

Now you need to upload the modified file to your drone...
  21. Back in your FTP-session... Type in "put rcS"
  22. You should see a "226 Transfer complete" response
  23. Terminate your FTP session: Type in "bye" followed by Enter
  24. You should see a "221 Goodbye." response
  25. Now restart the drone.
At this point you have modified the drone to enable telnet, set the region to US to enable FCC mode and you have configured the WiFi driver to use a maximum transmit power of 27dbm.

When the drone is back online, you can use telnet to connect to the drone. I recommend using Putty. When you have established a telnet session to the drone at IP address 192.168.1.2 you can use the command "iwinfo" to see the active WiFi parameters. Look for the line that starts with "Tx-Power:"

Now, if your drone does not come online anymore you may have made a typo whilst modifying the rcS file. So be careful.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
  2. Turn on the Drone
  5. Make note of the current directory for your Command Prompt window. It is typically set to "C:\Users\<your username>".
  15. The "rcS" file will be downloaded into the current directory for your Command Prompt window (see step 5)

Note:

17. In Notepad++, using the menu structure at the top of the screen, verify that the file encoding is set to "Encode in UTF-8" (Encoding -> "Encode in UTF-8"). This should already be selected but it does not hurt to verify...
    iw reg set US
    iw dev wlan0 net tx power limit 2700

At this point you have modified the drone to enable telnet, set the region to US to enable FCC mode and you have configured the WiFi driver to use a maximum transmit power of 27dbm.

When the drone is back online, you can use telnet to connect to the drone. I recommend using Putty. When you have established a telnet session to the drone at IP address 192.168.1.2 you can use the command "iwinfo" to see the active WiFi parameters. Look for the line that starts with "Tx-Power:"

Now, if your drone does not come online anymore you may have made a typo whilst modifying the rcS file. So be careful.

I hope this helps.
Thanks man! Really appreciate this... Will go through this asap. Thnx again for your time!

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi guys I have the setchan.sh script set, but each time the drone records homepoint it defaults back to 17dbm. Anyone knows how to make it more permanent with the DJI GO app? Thanks :)

2. Turn on the Drone

Note:

iw reg set US
    iw dev wlan0 net tx power limit 2700

I hope this helps.
interesting. Can you please make a video for it sir? Because some of us are still newbie. Im always screwed around how to fix it. Thanks sir!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT