Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

hi jack thats interesting, what a different fixed with limit ?
Crontabing the wifi is dangerous, do not do it under any circumstances. Use alternative suggestions as mentioned in this thread.

Limit allows the power to 'burst' to 27dBm if needed, but doesn't keep it at that level. You'll get the same performance but with less battery drain and a much cooler temperature.

Reactions: korakora
Hello jackhadrill, in a previous post you put a link to a pdf document to recap all the relevant posts of this thread. Well I can't download it, and after all this reading I have a lot of confusion in my head. It would be great if you can share that document again, I think any newbie to linux like me will appreciate it a lot. So can you share your document again, please !
Email me and I'll sort you out. I'm having issues with my server hosting provider at the moment. I think my email address is on my profile.

Hi guys and thanks again for interesting discussion and great advice's!

I enabled the telnet service and modified the rcS file on my AC + RC. 'iwinfo' and 'iw reg get' both show correct information until i connect the Litchi on Android platform. I've uninstalled DJI Go completely so it wouldn't interfere in any case. The FCC mode is kept enabled even if i perform the CSC without starting any app from my tablet/phone. The weird thing is that if i use Litchi with my iPhone, FCC mode won't be changed to CE, at least during my brief testing period.

I think i need to test if the FCC mode can be manually forced on after the Litchi (A) has been started.

Have any of you encountered anything similar and which platforms are you running Litchi on?

CE region

Phantom 3 4k
Latest firmware

Litchi
iOS: Version 1.9.2 (Iphone 6)
Android: 3.6.5 (Nexus 7 2013)

Hi I have same problem 27 dbi on start, but after running Litchi or djigo drops to 16dbi. I tryed setchan method and others but won't work just installing old djigo help's.

Test in the village, thanks for this superb mod.

c2e3e53e494cddd38cbf6150cea772da.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using PhantomPilots mobile app

After tiring of losing my video as I walk away from my P3S after turning it on I have found my ideal solution!

This baby has twin 65ft aerial masts, 2x generators and enough kit for a good 100w on 5.8GHz and 1Kw on 2.4!!! Comes with a burst transmission device that fires BEFORE turning on the Phantom in order to fry every WiFi router within ten miles! this gives a nice clean spectrum for pleasant flying.

ZIL-131 GENUINE COMPLETE RUSSIAN RADIO COMMAND STATION SOVIET TRUCK 6X6 OFF ROAD

Also has 'Follow-Me' mode so that if you leave the engine running it will lock on to the RC (only Standard model! ADV and PRO tough luck!) and creep along behind you as you walk around while flying.

Should make a 100 mile flight easy!

Crontabing the wifi is dangerous, do not do it under any circumstances. Use alternative suggestions as mentioned in this thread.

Limit allows the power to 'burst' to 27dBm if needed, but doesn't keep it at that level. You'll get the same performance but with less battery drain and a much cooler temperature.

yes i know but i've no other option i'm allready try all method from this thread, all method doesnt work to maintain FCC mode except cron, so far i've no issue with this cron but yes i'm not happy with it, which one you suggest ?

btw thx jack i'm not realize that,gonna replace fixed with limit now

I doed everything which is in tutorial ,but putty doesnt show me anything...How can I solve it?

Just create windows application for update to 27 dBm

Please see the following video:

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sounds great!!!! well done my friend.... may I ask a few questions:
a) is it truly brick free? is it safe?
b) is it with max 27 dbm or fixed?
c) do we need to run patch before every flight or is it just one time?
d) will it be compatible with DJI Go or the app will go to CE mode via GPS?

thank you in advance!

Sounds great!!!! well done my friend.... may I ask a few questions:
a) is it truly brick free? is it safe?
b) is it with max 27 dbm or fixed?
c) do we need to run patch before every flight or is it just one time?
d) will it be compatible with DJI Go or the app will go to CE mode via GPS?

thank you in advance!
a. so far i and some friends test is safe enough
b. set limit 27 dbm
c.. just one time only
d. It uses methods and scripts from Argonaise and SingLag who always refresh every 30 seconds so that it can be used in DJI Go after GPS Lock

Reactions: TDKUK and hexagon
a. so far i and some friends test is safe enough
b. set limit 27 dbm
c.. just one time only
d. It uses methods and scripts from Argonaise and SingLag who always refresh every 30 seconds so that it can be used in DJI Go after GPS Lock

thank you for your quick response! sounds amazing. Great job!

Been messing around today, def better signal flying sideways grrrr. As soon as i lost connection at 500m i rotated it on gps map and carried on another 200m lol Time to shift my antennas.

I also tested it range in the same spot i tried before the mod, in a park in the centre of a town.

I got 300m before mod,
500m after mod with directional antennas,
700m after mod at 90 degrees.

Im not doing very well :( lol

Been messing around today, def better signal flying sideways grrrr. As soon as i lost connection at 500m i rotated it on gps map and carried on another 200m lol Time to shift my antennas. I also tested it in the same spot i tried before the 27dm mod. I got 300m before mod, 500m after, 700m at 90 degrees.
Great to hear! May I ask where in Birmingham you're based?

I'm at UoB, I catch the Redditch train from New Street :) Found anywhere quiet to fly?
Ive not ventured out of redditch with it yet, I have only had it few weeks and weather has been crap!, Redditch arrow valley park has a model aircraft strip, i fly it around there a lot recently.

Ive not ventured out of redditch with it yet, I have only had it few weeks and weather has been crap!, Redditch arrow valley park has a model aircraft strip, i fly it around there a lot recently.
That's great! I'm in Somerset at the moment - lots of places here to fly it. I live in Harborne during term time and have yet to find anywhere safe - I'll do some Google mapsing when I'm back in September.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka