Phantom 3 Pro and flashing yellow lights

Reaction score
My quad worked perfectly up to about a day ago. I recently purchased a signal booster, and took the controller apart to install the new antennas.

After assembly I turned the unit on, but for some reason I could NOT access the camera in the DJI GO app. Yet I could turn the motors on, etc. Just nothing on the app. I should also mention that I turned on the 32 channel mod via file in the pilot folder. The channels were showing, yet I could not pick one, and it kept saying channel failed.

Thinking it may be a firmware issue, I decided to update the firmware on the quad - which after looking at the txt file in the folder - shows that the firmware I tried updating was the same or older.

Anyways, I get ready to turn it on to see if that fixed the issue and I cannot even access the app. It does not show a camera connection option, nothing. On startup the quad lights flash red/grn/yellow followed by fast green followed by fast yellow. The controller has a green light and I can control the camera. The link light on the side of the quad is flashing red, but the camera gimbal light in the front is green.

I tried relinking the controller, hope I am doing it right, and the controller once again shows a green light, but the quad is still flashing yellow.

Any ideas? Really need some help or suggestions to get it running. I may just buy a new controller, but I don't know if that is the problem, would hate to waste the money if this issues is easily fixable. Thanks.

It could be you blew the transmitter on the controller.
If you power up without an antenna plugged it will blow the circuit.

I think you can only have one firmware file in the folder at any given time, so if there are two maybe try removing one?

Ok, I only have one firmware on the card root. I wonder if I screwed up the firmware on the controller, as I tried installing the newest firmware on the controller via a USB drive on the USB port? I have been reading lots of articles from people with same problem and it seems to be a firmware issue? Thoughts on how to narrow this down? Don't want to send this in, probably cheaper to get a new or good used controller, if that is the issue. Plus the RMA takes WEEKS!!!

You can only upgrade the newest RC firmware through the GO app - not the USB port

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Ok. So it would not have even worked, or it would have read the USB drive but messed something up? Very odd... thoughts on were to start?

Check the ribbon cable that you reattached to the USB board on the back of the controller after your antenna mod...make sure it's seated properly.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

The big wide one? I thought about that, and pulled it out, and put it back in, still a no go. I wonder if me trying to push the firmware again, screwed something up? I may see what happens if I downgrade... any other ideas? Thanks.

The one you have to take off first and put on last during the antenna mod. I read somewhere someone had video problems and it turned out he nicked that ribbon cable...

The one you have to take off first and put on last during the antenna mod. I read somewhere someone had video problems and it turned out he nicked that ribbon cable...
Here's a thought....... shoulda left well enough alone......

Go Grumpy! That is a very frustrating sketchy scenario that disconnection fault. Well done fighting it to the end.

Ended up being a bad firmware push on to the RC. Wiped it and reflashed with a downgraded version so that the App would allow the most recent update. Booster works perfect.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl