Phantom 3 motor replacement (stickier than others)

Reaction score
So one of my motors on my phantom 3 is stickier than the others when I rotate it by hand. Can I just use the phantom 2 motor replacement and install video for the phantom 3 advanced or is there some different things I'm going to run into? used to build RC cars and race them and soldering is not a problem thank you.

It's the silver top motor btw.

DJI Phantom 3 Part #07 2312 Motor CCW - OEM https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YY9BMP0/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_Fgm2vbWG586CV

The motor replacement is crazy easy. The video is probably more of a roadblock than a benefit! The only 'hard' part is separating the case. Totally different than the P2

Reactions: Razzle Dazzle
So one of my motors on my phantom 3 is stickier than the others when I rotate it by hand. Can I just use the phantom 2 motor replacement and install video for the phantom 3 advanced or is there some different things I'm going to run into? used to build RC cars and race them and soldering is not a problem thank you.

It's the silver top motor btw.

DJI Phantom 3 Part #07 2312 Motor CCW - OEM https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YY9BMP0/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_Fgm2vbWG586CV
I replaced one-- cut and splicing the wires is easiest. IMO--- don't mess with trying to go all the way to the main board and soldering the new wires there -- that is where the esc's reside-- it is very easy to crater one of the electronic components on that board with too much heat from soldering. Also, the existing motor wires going to the board from the motor are coated and will have to be cleaned for the solder to stick. I used some very fine grit emery paper to get the coating off before tinning and then spliced in each new motor wire, soldered and shrink wrapped the joints. Check the motor rotationbefore soldering.

Reactions: Razzle Dazzle
How do you disassemble (for putty cleaning) the new 2312 motor? I can't find details anywhere nor figure it out myself. I've already had to replace all 4 motors from a gps to atti auto switch at takeoff with no home point recorded and props that wouldn't turn off to land. Bouncing on the deck to an inverted stop was better than a fly away

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl