Phantom 3 joystick swap L to R?

Reaction score
On my P2 I was able to switch the L and R gimbals to make it mode 3. So throttle/ yaw was on the right and Ail/ Elv on the left. This isn't an easy software fix im lead to believe. Is it possible to once again swap the gimbles and wires to fix this?? Thanks!

Mode 3 is supported in the App (as is custom configurations). Just go to RC Settings, Stick Mode.

You can map the controls so they are reversed.

With everything powered on and connected, press the remote control icon on top. Select Stick Mode, then choose Custom. The default is Mode 2.

IMG_0019_zpsdor846ot.jpg

You can now map the controls as you wish within the available options. Just drag and drop the function to the stick position.

IMG_0021_zps1dw1ztkr.jpg

Cheers!

Reactions: Reed L
Doesn't anyone else feel that the altitude should be controlled using the camera tilt dial? Reversing the joysticks is intuitive, so that you are looking with the right stick and moving with the left. However, I would think you would want all the "looking" controls to be on the right stick. It doesn't make sense to me that the X-axis is to look left and right and the Y-axis is to adjust altitude. Is it possible to assign the camera tilt function to the Y-axis on the right stick, and use the camera tilt dial to adjust altitude?

I modified mine so it is forward-reverse & left-right on the left stick, up-down and rotation on the right. It feels more intuitive and reminds me of walking in a first-person shooter.

Reactions: Reed L

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl