Phantom 3 EU output power limit

Still think its some very fancy trickery they must be using to dynamiclly configure the controllers output TX levels (if its not set in the factory)

Booster apps for previous models can't even configure the RC TX ouput due to being able to... not...well, configure the RC TX Lol.

Very curious how they have managed to do this, if it is indeed dynamic and not factory set. But yeah I reckon its factory set....

No doubt if you buy an RC as a spare part you get the option of using both modes lol :p

Considering DJI can't even release new motors without a MAJOR screw up I'd be very surprised if they used fancy tricks to do this dynamically...

100mw that be enough?

Does 2.4 go further Easier than 5.8?

My 600 mw struggles after 2km

If it is set by location so what?

There's no trickery to change Tx power dymanically.

Your cellphone is constantly changing it's output power.

Just has a email from DJI stating that they are factory set depending on there shipping location and not set by GPS, and the setting can not be changed. I asked if i bought one from usa and flew it in england would it still stay set on FCC and they said yes it would. They all so added that this was not a worry and infact the CE models can fly just as far as FCC models. Dont see how but there you go.

I'm not Ordering just yet I'm going to let you boys receive it first

Maybe it will be like the P2? 2.4ghz v2.0

latest 2.4 GHz version has the ndj6 controller which I have.
Turning the screw from F CC to CE has no difference on 2.4 GHz. Where as on 5.8 it does. I don't think they are able to control the output.

There is another way around this if you purchase a controller from China, then pair it with your P3. China because it is the cheapest. P3 cost is around £700!! So I imagine the controller must be £60 max.

Thats a good idea i think i will look into trying to order a FCC controller from somewhere out side the EU when they start becoming available as spares.

I'm open for bets on the fact that it will be one TX which will change to either FCC or CE depending on the P3's GPS position when initialising. That is the most logical and easiest way to implement all local laws.

Just wait and see...

I think thats far too sophisticated approach.

It will either be a dip switch / solder bridge or a software programming.

Whatever happens I just hope there's going to be a way of overriding.

Its not set by GPS, i emailed DJI and they replied They are factory set for where ever they are shipped to, and that setting can not be changed. They said that once 1 leaves them set in either mode, that is the setting it stays in where ever you take it around the world. I am going to end up with one set in CE so i really hope someone can crack how to change it. All though if you read back in this post someone has come up with a good theory that it will be only the total distance of the bird affected by this and not the FPV which is good. Cos the bird will go a good distance i bet even in CE mode.

EC is lower than FCC. Does this mean that in Europe the phantom 3 will have a lower range?

Max joined the chat
Max
Hello, Dirk.

I am not sure about that.

That might be a question for [email protected], but let me check if anyone here knows about that.

Max
We know that there is a way to switch from CE to FCC compliance, but we are not sure how here. At this time, it would be best to reach out to [email protected].

Dirk Haafkens
From what i've heard its factory set when shipped so you can't switch

Max
It is set, but you should be able to switch it, like you can with the Phantom 2 models.

We just are not sure how to do it yet in this department.

They don't even know it at DJI...

Yea they told me it could not be changed, but the flight distance was not affected by this in anyway. I hope it can be changed tho and i am sure some clever sausage will work it out for us, because i am sure the flight distance has got to be affected. I am no expert tho and do not claim to be by any stretch of the imagination. Just now a bit about this and that. lol

EC is lower than FCC. Does this mean that in Europe the phantom 3 will have a lower range?

Max joined the chat
Max
Hello, Dirk.

I am not sure about that.

That might be a question for [email protected], but let me check if anyone here knows about that.

Max
We know that there is a way to switch from CE to FCC compliance, but we are not sure how here. At this time, it would be best to reach out to [email protected].

Dirk Haafkens
From what i've heard its factory set when shipped so you can't switch

Max
It is set, but you should be able to switch it, like you can with the Phantom 2 models.

We just are not sure how to do it yet in this department.

They don't even know it at DJI...
this is very good news though........although dont put your hopes on this as DJI son rcgroups tated you cant switch it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik