Phantom 3 EU output power limit

Storeagent03 (DJI)
Apr 14, 10:05

Hello friend,

Generally we send them in CE to Europe. But P3 might be available in both mode. And functions both are almost the same no effect.

Hope this will help. And you are welcome to ask any further questions.

DJI

Storeagent03 (DJI)
Apr 14, 10:39

Hello friend,

Please be rest assured. We have been trying to promote the functions of european version, to make sure CE version as good as the FCC version.

And the switch option is very possible but can not say for sure yet. You can come ask again days later.

DJI

Storeagent02 (DJI)
Apr 13, 11:55

Dear Dirk,
Thank you for emailing DJI online store.
Please note that Phantom 3 applies 2.4G frequency band and this frequency does not have
FCC or CE version at the moment.
All Phantom 3 has the range of 2 km.

Those UK stockists who are advertising spec are showing both models, the Professional and the Advanced, as having 2 k range, the same as in the States. As you say, we won't know for a couple of weeks yet.

Ok so the whole CE and FCC thing has me a little worried also so I have started to investigate this myself. As someone who travels the globe a lot I didn't want to be limited with this CE 16dBm when there was a better option for the FCC 20dBm. I have heard a million different responses on this that it will be GPS specific its factory set and all the many others but I want a definitive answer before I commit to something that may not be able to be changed after purchase. A lot of my ariel work either comes from when I fly real helicopters or when I use my S900 hex but I ordered this due to it being a pretty good deal. My girlfriend lives in the UK and I'm from the states but I use her address for all my Post when I'm away working. I just received a reply from DJI stating that the controller will be self adapting. Not quite sure what that means exactly yet but I have asked for some clarity on it, Was also asked if I would be using this product in the states which I will be whenever I go back there to visit family. Will post their response as soon as I get one from the DJI team.

Ok so the whole CE and FCC thing has me a little worried also so I have started to investigate this myself. As someone who travels the globe a lot I didn't want to be limited with this CE 16dBm when there was a better option for the FCC 20dBm. I have heard a million different responses on this that it will be GPS specific its factory set and all the many others but I want a definitive answer before I commit to something that may not be able to be changed after purchase. A lot of my ariel work either comes from when I fly real helicopters or when I use my S900 hex but I ordered this due to it being a pretty good deal. My girlfriend lives in the UK and I'm from the states but I use her address for all my Post when I'm away working. I just received a reply from DJI stating that the controller will be self adapting. Not quite sure what that means exactly yet but I have asked for some clarity on it, Was also asked if I would be using this product in the states which I will be whenever I go back there to visit family. Will post their response as soon as I get one from the DJI team.

Its looking like their is going to be two different controllers, an FCC version for the states and a CE for EU, but we shall soon see.

I like the 6.5km that is awesome, Would this setup work on the new P3 since I guess the controller setup is the same. Cant be to difficult to modify the antenna system I guess.

1.2km seems a little short considering DJI are boasting distances of up to 2km, Only going to really find out when my P3 comes and I will do a range test and decide then if it needs to be tweaked to increase the range.

Here's another response from dji that you will be able to switch between fcc and ce. We won't know for certain till its shipped though.
FB_IMG_1429103626412.jpg

That is just about the best news i have read on here in days. I really hope you can. It is very confusing as the dji agents seem to be saying different things. Either way every time i see this thread jump back up to the top of the page i eagerly jump on it hoping for news like you just posted Mal_Pv2_ireland so thanks for the report. :)

It was one of the guys from our Irish flyers page that posted it, just thought it was worth the share but I wouldn't hold my breath

Una.Song (DJI)
Apr 16, 20:37

Hello Dirk,

Sorry ,I have just checked that the range is same withe the CE & FCC.

And test max signal range is 2km.

FYI.

Have a nice day!

DJI Product Application Technical Support

Doing my head in not knowing about this, lets face it like someone said before, it seems most of the staff at dji do not know the answer to this as we keep getting different answers from them. I was told from one of them that the app was not even final or out yet, and there would be an auto configure for it when you plugged the P3 in. I must admit with the review videos i have seen so far the map view is bottom right, but on djis website they show it bottom left.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic