Phantom 3 EU output power limit

If as some people have said that there's no assistant software and it's all set through the DJI app then we can all use something like the excellent app TunnelBear to change our supposed location to wherever we want and therefore have whichever mode we want...
exept that it probaly will work through the gps positioning system. meaning if you spoof the location, it will fly away...

If There was a power limit they should list it on their website, as they have not listed i doubt there is. Has anybody emailed them?

If There was a power limit they should list it on their website, as they have not listed i doubt there is. Has anybody emailed them?

...Sigh... face-palm.

We still have not had any solid evidence that we will not be able to change the CE and FCC setting like on the older Phantoms yet,spoke to a retailer today who can not yet confirm this either.

Im still curious how the config on RC will be changed if the RC has no IP addy or comms mechanism....unless it runs a wifi module with IP stack... as opposed to 2.4ghz TX link (like the 5.8ghz TX that didnt run "wifi"... i.e no IP stack)

Not a clue on that, you can change it on the fc40 transmitter easy enough tho that is 5.8ghz. Dont know a lot on this this subject, only that i want mine on FCC of course. lol

it will change upon GPS location. if it detects you are in europe, it will go into the lower power mode.
The gps will check even if you fly manually or in ATTI.

It mentions on other forums that the inspire remote will pair with a P3 and that is full range everywhere .

I still dont see how many people are so sure that the setting will be automatic with the P3 when it has never been so in the past, the inspire has not been out that long and that does not auto set. Of course this is more of i hope its not going to auto set. The laws are no different now in the uk at least to what they were when the P2 and inspire were released so they have no reason to do it really, so really hope they dont. :(:(

Reactions: joop7777
Good point on the inspire remote tho locoworks, assuming again that this rummer turns out to be correct then you could up grade to a inspire remote to double your distance, at one hell of a price tho cos they are £450 here in the uk, half the price of the bird. Lets hope tony at FPVLR does his magic with a simple stage 1 antenna upgrade kit to get us back to the 2KM we all want.

I still dont see how many people are so sure that the setting will be automatic with the P3 when it has never been so in the past, the inspire has not been out that long and that does not auto set. Of course this is more of i hope its not going to auto set. The laws are no different now in the uk at least to what they were when the P2 and inspire were released so they have no reason to do it really, so really hope they dont. :(:(
DJI support already said it will work like this.

We need just like the Apple IOS devices, a jailbreak team to crack the phantom 3 and remove the darned limitations. 100% legal.

Please forgive my ignorance as I am totally new to RC flying.... Well I will be when I get my first Phantom...

In terms of distance/performance what would the likely difference be between flying in CE and FCC modes (not that I actually know what they are as yet)

Yea which will all so mean FPV will not be solid up to that max distance, i was really looking forward to a good qualtiy solid FPV out to 1km which i regularly fly to. I still cant fond this info from anyone at dji or a comment on another group stating this as certain. Just read the other thread over on rc groups but nothing to state solid that this will be an auto setting on the P3, must admit its looking that way and certainly what most think at this point. Think borgqueenx may have had a email from dji tho and just waiting his responce, i see he is busy over there on rc finding out stuff.

Yea i would really like to read it, i have been through that post over on rc groups and can not see anything stating it will be auto set to were you are. Not saying your lying just cant find it anywhere thats all. cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl