Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Advanced Phantom 3 Advanced - Update Problem

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by aljoseph, Apr 11, 2016.

1. aljoseph

Trying to perform the latest update to my P3A. Aircraft update seemed to go ok, but not so on my controller. When I turn controller on and initiate the Go App (IOS), it says I have a Phantom 4. If I disconnect the display, I can change settings to P3A but as soon as I reconnect or turn controller on, it says I have a Phantom 4. Can anyone assist?

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

Try reinstalling DJI GO.

3. aljoseph

Just reinstalled the DJI GO app. No change. From the GO Home Page with RC off, I select Phantom 3 Advanced. As soon as I turn the controller on, the device changes to Phantom 4. There is no dropdown to change it back unless I either turn the power off or pull the display plug. All was fine until I attempted the latest update. The aircraft update went okay. I had controller off. I turned the aircraft power off and am attempting to update the rc unit via wifi. The problem as described above is where I am. Help

4. aljoseph

Fixed. I was advised to turn the aircraft on so it could "report" to the controller that it was a P3A. I could then update the RC. All seems well now.

m151dave likes this.
  5. Melvoid

I believe I need to update my firmware in order to get the waypoints to work. I know I'll have lots of questions, but first off, when I go to the DJI site for downloads, it's only showing P3 "Professional." I have an Advanced. Up to now, I thought the main difference between the two was the camera. Is this true? Same firmware?

6. msinger

Approved Vendor

Follow my steps here.

7. Melvoid

Thank you. The instructions I downloaded were difficult to follow. I've been a technical writer for 28 years and I couldn't make heads or tails. At a glance, yours look much more detailed and exact. I need to be walked thru and told what order, etc... and yours look like they'll do that. Thank you!!