Phantom 3 adv or pro range

Reaction score
What kind of range does the pro or adv typically get when there is obstacles in the way,like trees and such. I have the standard with antenna mods and get good range in open space but if there are trees in the way I don't get very good range. Was curious how much better range the pro or adv would get in the same area.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

What kind of range does the pro or adv typically get when there is obstacles in the way,like trees and such. I have the standard with antenna mods and get good range in open space but if there are trees in the way I don't get very good range. Was curious how much better range the pro or adv would get in the same area.
There's no such thing as a typical environment - they are all different.
DJI advertise the range for the Lightbridge P3s as :
Max Transmission DistanceUp to 5 km or 3.1 miles (unobstructed, free of interference) when FCC compliant
Up to 3.5 km or 2.1 miles (unobstructed, free of interference) when CE compliant​
... and these distances have proved to be realistic and achieveable.
If you fly in an urban area you will get less but you would probably usually be able to go 700+ metres.

As wifi signals get blocked by buildings, structures and trees, you will get the similar behavior with P3S or A or P. P3A/P may perform little better because of LightBridge technology.

There's no such thing as a typical environment - they are all different.
DJI advertise the range for the Lightbridge P3s as :
Max Transmission DistanceUp to 5 km or 3.1 miles (unobstructed, free of interference) when FCC compliant
Up to 3.5 km or 2.1 miles (unobstructed, free of interference) when CE compliant​
... and these distances have proved to be realistic and achieveable.
If you fly in an urban area you will get less but you would probably usually be able to go 700+ metres.

With the setup I have now I can get 10000 ft in open air but with trees blocking I can get anywhere from 1000 to 1500 my question is would the upgrade to a p3adv or pro be worth the money.I'm not looking to fly 3 miles away although that would be pretty cool but more along the lines of flying around my house where I'm surrounded by trees.

As wifi signals get blocked by buildings, structures and trees, you will get the similar behavior with P3S or A or P. P3A/P may perform little better because of LightBridge technology.

Curious as to how much better the signal would be compared to my p3s,would like to upgrade but would like to know if the range will be that much better in obstructed areas

Curious as to how much better the signal would be compared to my p3s,would like to upgrade but would like to know if the range will be that much better in obstructed areas

As you can't define the obstructed area, you should assume to get the same or better range.
P3A and P will definitely perform much better in wifi interference compared to P3S. So thats advantageous if you fly in residential areas.

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
As you can't define the obstructed area, you should assume to get the same or better range.
P3A and P will definitely perform much better in wifi interference compared to P3S. So thats advantageous if you fly in residential areas.

I never fly in residential areas,only looking to fly from house which is surrounded by trees

It is my opinion you'd be pleasantly surprised with a advanced model (Pro is the same base model but with a 4k camera). From what I've read/seen the advanced is superior in several ways. Worth the $$ in my view.

Reactions: xxxntwv

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT