Phantom 2 Vision Plus

I'm not convinced it's a genuine item at Amazon particularly given the total lack of detail. Let's watch and wait as I have no doubt they will make the gimbal/camera a stand-alone for existing P2V. Until we know if the camera is any better or worse yet, identical in a different case it's not worth getting too excited about.

When we have a press release from DJI with the spec... :arrow:

bobomet said:
Oh Yeah .... the P2V+ is real, and it's exactly the upgrade a photographer/videographer like me and my wife need at this point.
Along with the tremendous stability it offers, we'll get a camera with a lens that can ZOOM in on a target (oh, don't worry about seeing props and legs folks!), and we get AVCHD CABAL lossless video, a vast improvement over the native H.264 mp4 from the FC200.
Cheers to DJI! It's not Canon, SONY, or NIKON, but capabilities .... but it'll do until then.
And frankly, I have no time to build and test my own rig.

Where did you read the info about video format?

Actually I am happy about the price as they now can afford to put a decent camera on it so I will be very, very happy if the camera delivers quality for stills as good as a mid level point & shoot. If it was the rumoured $1300 then there would be no way they could have a decent camera and a 3 axis gimbal. All I want personally is to be able to produce prints that stand up at A4 size. Another big plus point for the plus is the battery life which is more than 25% greater than using an aftermarket gimbal.

I feel a little sorry for the handful of firms who have put a lot of effort into developing products for the Vision to improve range and gimbals because if you want those features a V+ would appear to be the way to go.

The large price differential explains a couple of posts I have read recently which have mentioned retailers having large stocks of the P2V. No doubt DJI will continue to sell both models. It is also good news for people who have just bought a Vision because they have not bought a redundant model.

So, all in all, plenty to get excited about - just cannot wait now to see just how good the camera is :)

From the description in the new app, I think the plus camera has the same camera spec as the present p2v. I also think an upgrade, if possible, will be somewhat expensive. I'm waiting for the facts to come out. But for me, it looking like I'll skip the plus. I didn't see anything about zoom. Maybe I missed it. The camera angle of view can be changed. That could be interpreted as a zoom but the present camera does the same thing.

$1999 is also too high for me if this was my first vision.

This is an interesting product...

I am really hoping it's possible to buy some sort of upgrade kit with the camera, gimbal, and range extender and perform an upgrade to the current phantom 2 vision. The price for that might be easier to swallow.

$1999 is a lot of money, and I don't think that most of us with Phantom 2 Vision's would retire our current quad's (which are only a few months old) and get the Vision+. I also don't know what the market would be for something like this. It's such a huge difference in price - bigger difference than between the Phantom 1 and the Vision - yet I would say the feature set is not as big a leap forward.

Yes, the 800m range is nice, but with the very well documented range extender mod, you can get that in the neighborhood of that range for much cheaper (under 20 bucks if you have a dremel tool already). Also, really, how often are you flying out that far, other than to prove to yourself it can be done? I haven't ordered a 3rd party gimbal for mine, but if I'm only buying the Vision+ for the gimbal, then I'm really buying a $1999 gimbal.

Just my thoughts.
-Jeff.

Let's think logically. If the FC200 replacement camera is $500, the P2V is $1,200 and the P2V+ is $1,999, you can bet that the gimbal and new camera from the P2V+ will be NO LESS than $800. Otherwise, everyone would just buy the P2V and upgrade it to the P2V+ without paying the $1,999 price for the P2V+. So bottom line, you would be looking at $800+ for the camera and gimbal upgrade. At that price I would likely just buy a P2V+ complete and sell the P2V.

I wonder when DJI will update their website. Until I see it there it's not real in my mind :?

ALso, people have been talking about an updated app for Android with the P2V+ in it. I've checked for my iPhone and I don't see it yet.

Scottrod said:
Let's think logically. If the FC200 replacement camera is $500, the P2V is $1,200 and the P2V+ is $1,999, you can bet that the gimbal and new camera from the P2V+ will be NO LESS than $800. Otherwise, everyone would just buy the P2V and upgrade it to the P2V+ without paying the $1,999 price for the P2V+. So bottom line, you would be looking at $800+ for the camera and gimbal upgrade. At that price I would likely just buy a P2V+ complete and sell the P2V.

Zoom in on the amazon pic and look at all of the additional wires going from the gimbal into the airframe. Probably not a plug and play easy upgrade.

Thing that concerns me because it makes some sense... The c-net video has been removed from yahoo screen and dailymotion... What if that was because he quoted a bad price... If he quoted dealer price by mistake (makes sense because the wrong number came from somewhere) and the standard DJI reseller markup is 30% (which it is)... then the $1999 follows that math... or close enough anyway...

I was hoping for a $1500-ish price point... This would require some serious thought.

Looks like the Tx has an external USB, per the pic on Amazon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Couldn't resist. Placed the amazon order with May 1 to May 7 ship date. Can always cancel.

If it delivers, just as the P2V did, then it's a "no brainer" when considering what I've paid for the RP gimbal and Horizon antennas, and all without the hassle.

We've fallen into the same technology trap regarding smartphones and other tech devices. There's always smaller and better only a few months away.

Yes technology trap, but DJI lying in there video?
See what I mean about Dji apologist , give me a break , do you guys have unlimited funds that you don't care about the price ?
Shot don't tell me one thing one day then change the next.
Where not talking about some kid making a you tube video in his bedroom. Where talking about a major multi million dollar company who I'm shred reviewed their video.

mem_ny said:
Couldn't resist. Placed the amazon order with May 1 to May 7 ship date. Can always cancel.

If it delivers, just as the P2V did, then it's a "no brainer" when considering what I've paid for the RP gimbal and Horizon antennas, and all without the hassle.

We've fallen into the same technology trap regarding smartphones and other tech devices. There's always smaller and better only a few months away.
And so... here we go.... Amazon takes our money (RP) and we wait in line. Will they deliver on time? Yes, probably, but why do we have to pay now? The questions are never ending?? Anybody got an answer.

They want to see how many will pay the price.
If everone give them that price that is what it will be.
Why not wait and see ? You know the first ones will be F' ed up as usuall

I don't understand all the hating and animosity. The fact that the price is significantly higher should please all existing P2V owners. They've effectively created two similar products, one being enhanced (out of the box). There is clearly a market for both and many will opt to buy the P2V notwithstanding this higher priced alternative. Why have we, as the consumer, been hurt? They only people I feel badly for are the small third party companies that have developed gimbals. They too however knew the risks and were burdened by their own delays.

And why be critical of someone who is willing to pay the higher price. No one is critical of someone's decision not to pay for the new and improved. Frankly, many people including my wife, think we're assholes for paying $1,300 for the base P2V. What gives us the right to be so judgmental of a $2,000 price. If you're not pleased, then send your message by not buying it. It's the free market system. I have every right to pay what I'm willing to pay.

For me frankly, I spent countless hours reading, ordering and installing connectors, antennas, extenders yada yada yada. I've easily spent the extra $700.00, and if the extended range and improved camera pan out, then why be critical.

I also could give a **** about DJI, just like I could give a **** about Apple. I use both products from both companies but would jump ship in a heartbeat for something better. Bottom line however is that DJI developed a super consumer friendly product that's absolutely amazed me, and given me countless hours of enjoyment. Same for many on this forum. Consider the good with the bad.
I

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka