Phantom 2 Vision Plus with ipad

It would be better on ground station as it is a better screen but what is the FPV live feed like ??

;)

pyrophantom said:
It would be better on ground station as it is a better screen but what is the FPV live feed like ??

;)

Excellent so far. Remember, the resolution on the FPV is going to be the same (e.g. 640x480) no matter what device you run, it's just going to be scaled up or down, and but the processing required will be the same on any device.

I am looking at this device but with the ipad mini retina the clarity works against it in my opinion in exaggerating the scaling up blurriness.

Great for GS deffo, I think the only way I would get my screen definition I want is with LB

:|

varmint said:
Just got my 8.4" Galaxy Tab S with AMOLED screen, and all I can say is - wow :shock:

Easily readable in daylight when compared my iPad and iPhone 5 which are both essentially useless outdoors. When I say "easily", I don't mean that it's like a miracle or anything, but you can definitely read everything and see detail, unlike the aforementioned iOS devices, or any of my previous Android devices.

Here's a direct-comparison to the DJI Vision app on both an iPad Air and the Galaxy S 8.4. Note that I had to compress the hell out of the Tab's screenshot, because the resolution is an insane 2560x1600 (the same as my desktop's display in an 8.4" screen).

Note how all the symbology is properly scaled, unlike DJI's horrible iOS version. In addition, there's graphic corruption along the top of the app where their graphics are corrupting the iPad's system status symbology.

Anyway, for anyone interested: Galaxy Tab S: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-8- ... sung+tab+s

Mount: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D4A ... UTF8&psc=1 (toss the dashboard suction cup and use everything else). Mounts directly on the stock TX ball.

Can you recommend another tablet with the Amoled Screen maybe not as large or pricey? Yes, I am a tight wad but also don't want that large of a screen. I just need a monitor a little larger than my phone which is a Samsung Note II.

wattsn said:
What about a Nexus 7?

I tried the Nexus 7 for a couple of weeks, and ended up selling it. The larger screen with that low resolution simply meant..a larger screen that was blurred/not crisp in anything but the highest level of FPV preview (which then reduced my FPV distance). Not sure why, but I also noticed more FPV dropouts, more of the pixelation, stuttering, etc, than with my Iphone 5. Im sure others had better experiences, but for me, the Nexus 7 simply wasnt sufficient for me.

kymedic121 said:
mend another tablet with the Amoled Screen maybe not as large or pricey? Yes, I am a tight wad but also don't want that large of a screen. I just need a monitor a little larger than my phone which is a Samsung Note II.

I'm afraid there just isn't anything else on the market right now that even comes close. There are literally zero other AMOLED tabs available. However, expect Samsung to stop using IPS displays entirely by 2015, so the AMOLEDs should start showing up on more and more devices (even the cheap Tabs) by next year.

varmint said:
kymedic121 said:
mend another tablet with the Amoled Screen maybe not as large or pricey? Yes, I am a tight wad but also don't want that large of a screen. I just need a monitor a little larger than my phone which is a Samsung Note II.

I'm afraid there just isn't anything else on the market right now that even comes close. There are literally zero other AMOLED tabs available. However, expect Samsung to stop using IPS displays entirely by 2015, so the AMOLEDs should start showing up on more and more devices (even the cheap Tabs) by next year.

I have another stupid question about monitors, I don't mind using my phone for the application purposed but is there a way to add another larger monitor to actually use the FPV? I found this Wireless Black Pearl 5.8ghz monitor ( http://www.dronefly.com/product-p/7-inch-monitor.htm) would there be a way to use this monitor or another monitor like it so I could use the see the FPV that my phone is seeing while in the app? I understand I will havee to use the phone to control the app, camera and operation, I just want to be able to use another little larger monitor to watch the FPV. If you can help in any way I would really appreciate it. I am seeing videos on youtube of people flying the V2+ and they have the larger monitors (Not tablets) mounted to their controllers. There has to be some way to do this. I currently use a Samsung Note II with has a 5.5" Screen and I will be moving into the Note III which is a 5.7" screen. In time I will be doing agriculture surveying as well as search and rescue and when it is imperative that I see very well I will be streaming the video from my phone via the HDMI port to a 32" LCD Flat Panel Television set up on a flight station table I will take with me into the field. My truck has 110V outlets with a substantial inverter so I can supply the power to run such a monitor. I am just looking for something a little larger to use for now that I can affix to my controller that is a tad larger than my current phone. Once again any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated.

iPad is too big to be practical, but I routinely use an iPad mini with the CNC MACHINED frame by secraft.net

It works amazingly well and the extra screen real estate makes it well worth the extra $200. The wifi booster app works very well and I routinely get 500-1000m distances with no issues.

Varmint..............I got my samsung galaxy tab s today but cannot get past the bloody setup wizard for wifi......cant turn off the annoying voice instructions, and when it asks for my password for the wifi my keys are not inputting anything ???

Was yours this annoying ???

:evil:

pyrophantom said:
Varmint..............I got my samsung galaxy tab s today but cannot get past the bloody setup wizard for wifi......cant turn off the annoying voice instructions, and when it asks for my password for the wifi my keys are not inputting anything ???

Was yours this annoying ???

:evil:

No, not at all. In fact I don't remember any wifi setup wizard at all. I simply went to Settings-->Connections-->Wifi, saw my APs, and entered the password. If it's showing the keyboard, you're typing, and nothing is being entered, then I'd just send that sucker back. Maybe you got a dud.

Done it varmint !!......took me hours to work it out and turn that bloody voice to text thing off. Anyway working now and wow what a great screen but havent tried it flying yet but it is impressive !

:D

pyrophantom said:
Done it varmint !!......took me hours to work it out and turn that bloody voice to text thing off. Anyway working now and wow what a great screen but havent tried it flying yet but it is impressive !

:D

Good deal. Yeah, the voice stuff and haptic feedback were the first things I shut off. Now if you could just shut off that gold bezel, it would be the perfect tablet:)

Great info guys.
I was going to buy a I-pad mini with Retina but from what I see here, the 8.4" Galaxy Tab S with Amoled is the way to go. Correct?, lol
And Ground Station will also work on this tablet?

does the guy that states that ground station doesnt work on ipad2 know that for a fact??? :?:
because it works just fine on mine (ipad 2nd gen wifi only on ios 7.0.4) the only downside is that when you go back to the video feed it starts lagging a bit,(too much for it to handle i suppose) apart from that it works great :)

Ok, dumb question, but when I search for dji vision in the App Store on my iPad 2 I do not find it. I have it on my Android device and it works fine, but thought I would try it out on the iPad 2 but can not even find the app to download.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl