Phantom 2 Vision Plus with ipad

Reaction score
Is it possible to use vision+ with ipad2?

I have asked in some topics but i have to create a new topic to get an answer..

Thanks,

Waypoint feature does not work on iPad 2. Swiping left does not bring up the map page.

Afraid I don't know. I have not used my iPad 2 (as I have a mini) and just connected in the house to check the waypoint functionality for you.

canerakcil said:
Is it possible to use vision+ with ipad2?

I have asked in some topics but i have to create a new topic to get an answer..

Thanks,
Why haven't you gone to the app store and downloaded it yourself? You'd be able to answer the question.
My 3rd Gen Ipad (the one straight after yours) runs it fine.

When I try to download the app on my iPad 2, I get the message that the app is not compatible with my iPad. It works fine on my iPad Mini, but the Mini may be a generation newer than the iPad 2.

[/quote]
Why haven't you gone to the app store and downloaded it yourself? You'd be able to answer the question.
My 3rd Gen Ipad (the one straight after yours) runs it fine.[/quote]
My quad is on the way now, not arrived yet, i wanted to be sure if i can use my ipad2 with it..if not i will buy a compatible device.

Yep, my error. I stupidly forgot to enable it in the settings. Have just tried again and apart from some strange black battery text overwriting the menu it does appear to work OK, in that it shows the Phantom telemetry and I can use the maps etc.

Apologies for my earlier error.

i hope you understand my excitement..Only reason that i asked this question is to make my equipment ready for the quad before it arrives. Now i know that my ipad 2 is enough for the app and i'm waiting for the package.

thanks again for your answers.

I bought an ipad mini for the larger retina screen and was very dissapointed with the result, not good resolution at all no matter what settings you change. In fact the only screen I have is my original samsung galaxy s3 phone !!.....my nexus 7 2013 is a great picture but boy is frustrating how small it makes the app screen, may as wekk just use the samsung !!

Just my thoughts on devices.

pyrophantom said:
I bought an ipad mini for the larger retina screen and was very dissapointed with the result, not good resolution at all no matter what settings you change. In fact the only screen I have is my original samsung galaxy s3 phone !!.....my nexus 7 2013 is a great picture but boy is frustrating how small it makes the app screen, may as wekk just use the samsung !!

100% agree. The DJI Vision app on an iOS device is quite poor with very poor resolution. I now use my Galaxy Note 8 (or my Galaxy Note 3) which have much better resolution. I now just use my iPad mini for the full iOS Ground Station app with the Data Link kit fitted to my P2V+.

DJI Vision Waypoint screen on iPad Mini
4fbd3142664d0bed88b730a93382baca.jpg

DJI Vision Waypoint screen on Galaxy Note 8.0
Screenshot_2014-06-26-18-47-50.png

iOS Ground Station screen on iPad Mini
6dcd99e818d3fa0d74b5eba59db28734.jpg

Odd how the Galaxy Note 8.0 is displaying 10 satellites, you would imagine
this would only display from the Phantom GPS when connected.

I suppose it is coming from the Note

wattsn said:
pyrophantom said:

100% agree. The DJI Vision app on an iOS device is quite poor with very poor resolution. I now use my Galaxy Note 8 (or my Galaxy Note 3) which have much better resolution. I now just use my iPad mini for the full iOS Ground Station app with the Data Link kit fitted to my P2V+.

DJI Vision Waypoint screen on iPad Mini
4fbd3142664d0bed88b730a93382baca.jpg

DJI Vision Waypoint screen on Galaxy Note 8.0
Screenshot_2014-06-26-18-47-50.png

iOS Ground Station screen on iPad Mini
6dcd99e818d3fa0d74b5eba59db28734.jpg

Guess you are using the old iPad Mini, not the Retina model that came out last year?

The issue with resolution on iOS is that the app is an iPhone app, and NOT designed for retina displays, much less iPad retina displays. It's not a native iPad app; It's simply being blown up from a low resolution phone app when used on the iPad.

On Android, the app scales to make use of all available resolution, which is why it's vastly better on that platform. DJI apparently cant't do anything consistently.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl