phantom 2 (slow yellow problem light on gps mode)

Reaction score
hello guys, i have this problem with my phantom, i was flying i lost control of the craft no idea why then it when down very quickly it hit the floor but not really hard cz i throttled up then i landed it but it wasn't under my full control, nothing broke. I normaly fly in phantom 2 mode (in the DJI Phantom 2 Assistant 2.00 software) this time i was trying Naza-M mode ( again in the DJI Phantom 2 Assistant 2.00 software) it was my first time, note that i think there were an electricity line and i passed under it maybe that's why i lost control. After that, i tried to fly it again, it flew but again it wasn't fully under my control the led light were indicating that it receives more than 6 satellites. I connected it to the DJI Phantom 2 Assistant 2.00 software to go back to phantom mode but the problem stayed then i noticed that it wasn't receiving satellite signal in phantom mode only the led indicators blink slowly yellow and even if i waited for an hour for it to initialize gps it doesn't, in NAZA-M mode gps works fine but when i fly it it feels out of control to clarify plz wach this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMbQlT5y6Dw and plzzzz helppp.

UPDATE:

when flying in NAZA-M mode on gps and ioc off it seems like flying in atti because when i go forward for example it continues to forward even if i leave the stick, it does't stop until i stop it with moving the stick backwards

Have you checked that S1 and S2 are both up? You are not sat inside your house with the phantom for that hour waiting for satellite lock are you?
Steady slow flashing yellow in phantom mode means ready to fly in non GPS mode, as its not possible to turn GPS mode off in phantom mode I suspect you're GPS module inside the phantom is either goosed or has come unplugged.

Madwak said:
Have you checked that S1 and S2 are both up? You are not sat inside your house with the phantom for that hour waiting for satellite lock are you?
Steady slow flashing yellow in phantom mode means ready to fly in non GPS mode, as its not possible to turn GPS mode off in phantom mode I suspect you're GPS module inside the phantom is either goosed or has come unplugged.

S1 and S2 are both all the way up all the time i usually fly GPS with IOC off, i wait for it to initialize GPS outside of course but i did the video inside just to demonstrate what's happening.

when flying in NAZA-M mode on gps and ioc off it seems like flying in atti because when i go forward for example it continues to forward even if i leave the stick, it does't stop until i stop it with moving the stick backwards

Carlos961 said:
Madwak said:

UPDATE:

So when you are flying in Naza mode you definitely get just a slow flashing green then?

Madwak said:
Carlos961 said:
Madwak said:

UPDATE:

So when you are flying in Naza mode you definitely get just a slow flashing green then?

no i get one green followed by 3 reds as shown in the video.

So basically then you're comment about the GPS working ok in Naza mode is not true because one green followed by three reds is telling you that it is in GPS mode but receiving no satellite data which is exactly what it is telling you in phantom mode. I stick to my original theory now that you have cleared the picture up that the GPS module inside the top of the phantom is goosed or unplugged. Next step is get the tools out and take it apart (making absolutely sure that you don't use a magnetic screw driver) and see if anything has become unplugged inside due to you're crash.
I personally would not keep flying it like that :shock: because you have no home position set and if you use the fail safe switch or turn the controller off it could head off anywhere at a great rate of knots never to be seen again

Madwak said:
So basically then you're comment about the GPS working ok in Naza mode is not true because one green followed by three reds is telling you that it is in GPS mode but receiving no satellite data which is exactly what it is telling you in phantom mode. I stick to my original theory now that you have cleared the picture up that the GPS module inside the top of the phantom is goosed or unplugged. Next step is get the tools out and take it apart (making absolutely sure that you don't use a magnetic screw driver) and see if anything has become unplugged inside due to you're crash.
I personally would not keep flying it like that :shock: because you have no home position set and if you use the fail safe switch or turn the controller off it could head off anywhere at a great rate of knots never to be seen again

ok done i took it apart and found the gps module seems nothing is unplugged any advice?

I checked the GPS module, it's not broken it's just scratched a little bit you can barely see the scratches the new thing that's happening now is that i'm getting fast green light for 1 or 2 seconds and then it comes back to 1 green the 3 fast reds. Do you have any idea what should i do now??

Carlos961 said:
I checked the GPS module, it's not broken it's just scratched a little bit you can barely see the scratches the new thing that's happening now is that i'm getting fast green light for 1 or 2 seconds and then it comes back to 1 green the 3 fast reds. Do you have any idea what should i do now??

The fast green lights in NAZA mode with S1 and S2 both up means it has established course direction. This is normal behavior. If it returns to 1 green and 3 fast reds and never changes, then you are not getting any GPS satellites. Normal behavior would be 1 green three fast reds (no satellites), transitioning to 1 green 2 fast reds (some satellites but < 6), transitioning to 1 green 1 red (more sats but < 6), transitioning to slow pulsing green (>= 6 satellites), then 2nd set of rapid greens ndicating home position established, then back to slow pulsing green.

If yours never transitions, then there is something wrong with the GPS module likely.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl