Phantom 2 props on Phantom fc40

Reaction score
I am thinking about buying the Phantom 2 props but i read that they won't fit on older medels of the Phantom 1. Will they fit on the fc40? If yes is there something i must think about when i fly with these? Is it true that they give extra flight time?

They'll work just fine on an FC40, all of which have the cross-threaded motors needed for those props (early models of the regular P1 did not).

They will give you more flight time, but the flight behavior isn't quite as smooth as with the stock 8" props you have. Adjusting the gains can help with that some, but you're trading some of the smoothness for time in the air.

The main advantage of the props are the increased flight times (more lift). Do not try to fly like you would with the smaller ones, being extra careful with descending too quickly, as these props create much more turbulence (I've almost hit the ground on a few occasions. Also, these props are easier to break than the stock ones (thinner and lighter) so maybe use prop guards if you are a beginner flyer.

Ok thank i will buy them but any tip on how to descend safely with them :)

Don't fly straight down - descend on an angle in a circle until you get to about 3-4 feet then slowly drop to ground ..
I use the 9443s on my FC40 exclusively and when new ( ie not crashed ) they work really well - My FC40 weighs around the max of 1300 gms and will fly for about 7 minutes and then I have 2-3 minutes to bring her back .. 2200mah battery -

Go with the 9450 props instead of the 9443 ones. The 9450s are designed to prevent VRS (Vortex Ring State) which causes uncontrolled descent of your quadcopter.

It's hard to say from that picture, they look very much a like, it should say thrust booster 9450 props , I got mine in the UK but forget we're, think it was FPV something,, I did a search for them 2 months ago, and a store in the UK was the only place that had them at that time, they should be every were now , and you don't have to fly like a little girl with them , give um hell, :D

They answered that they get the latest stuffs from Dji. My props arrived today I charge the battery right now :)

So now I have tried the p2 props I can't see I got so much longer flight time according to the video length and it was a little bit bumpy but it can be because the wind and I didn't see the descending problem ether she descended normally.

Wind is always going to be an issue. Mine actually tilts to face the wind on whatever side it is coming from so my videos are at an angle. The quad is basically fighting the wind. On windy days you will not get longer flight times since the quad has to struggle just to stay in position. I get my best times on calm days. I am not seeing any issues descending either, but I am not coming down too fast normally anyway.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl