Phantom 2 Pre order

LeoS said:
And another from a UK dealer:

w/ gimbal:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DJI-PHANTOM-2 ... 2c77ee67c5

without:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DJI-PHANTOM-2 ... 2c77ee99e8

"Easy upgrade to FPV
AV output and video-downlink power cables already installed, ready for upgrade. "

Cables preinstalled... that means they'll have an FPV kit for it that'll probably work with their app too, right?

I used to fly with a gopro and that was without the app. I bought the Phantom Vision because of the app so it is either a Zenmuse with gopro or the Vision camera and the app as far as i can tell. Don´t take my word for it until the first people have experience with the Phantom 2

Drone7 said:
LeoS said:
And another from a UK dealer:

w/ gimbal:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DJI-PHANTOM-2 ... 2c77ee67c5

without:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DJI-PHANTOM-2 ... 2c77ee99e8

"Easy upgrade to FPV
AV output and video-downlink power cables already installed, ready for upgrade. "

Cables preinstalled... that means they'll have an FPV kit for it that'll probably work with their app too, right?

I used to fly with a gopro and that was without the app. I bought the Phantom Vision because of the app so it is either a Zenmuse with gopro or the Vision camera and the app as far as i can tell. Don´t take my word for it until the first people have experience with the Phantom 2

Does the vision camera have video out? I thought it's pretty much self contained with the wifi transmitter also inside that small capsule (supposedly that's what's making the squeaky sound) without an av out. If so, then it doesn't make sense for them to preinstall av output cables for a vision camera that doesn't have av out.

ginsonic said:
Drone7 said:

You make my day :D . I don't bought yet a Vision because use 5.8 GhZ for RC. The new Phantom 2 look like will be a 2.4 GHz, will have a larger standard range as Phantom 1 (1.000m) but for security reasons will replace RC with a Futuba 14SG.

You are welcome. Looks like there is a Phantom for every person with there own wishes :)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/DJI-Phantom-2-Pr ... 26e&_uhb=1

I cant wait to see this thing have P1 like range @ 2.4 (awesome), no battery issues, an external usb port on tx, WAY better quality video, mac compatibility, and IOC and CL out of box. All for less Money! May just be selling my P2V for a hard loss in the months to come. Note I dont know if it will have these things, but one can only assume that the phantom vision was nothing more than an overpriced beta test for all the fools like me who thought DJI actually had some ethics.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

whitewatersalvo said:
... Note I dont know if it will have these things, but one can only assume that the phantom vision was nothing more than an overpriced beta test for all the fools like me who thought DJI actually had some ethics.

I'm glad to see this sentiment- I was beginning to think I was the only one with issues regarding DJI's business practices.

Drone7 said:
LeoS said:

£645 for a vision AND H3 2D?? The h3 is £400 alone! So how can anyone be profiting from this deal? Sounds not right to me!

Hiway said:
whitewatersalvo said:
... Note I dont know if it will have these things, but one can only assume that the phantom vision was nothing more than an overpriced beta test for all the fools like me who thought DJI actually had some ethics.

I'm glad to see this sentiment- I was beginning to think I was the only one with issues regarding DJI's business practices.

The problem is, our having a problem isn't a problem for DJI. In fact, its business as usual. How are things ever supposed to change if you dont care what your customer thinks of a product you released.

Apologies for the link to another forum but there appears to be a comprehensive feature list and aircraft comparison chart here:

http://www.djiguys.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2464

Regarding the ebay listing, I would take the pricing with a pinch of salt - so far I haven't seen any of the official tier-one UK DJI dealers offering even information, or "coming soon" notices, let alone a price...

Looking at the Phantom range comparison in that link more closely I'd say the Vision suits me just fine as:

I'm a noob to quads of this size;
I don't own a GoPro already, and would have no other use for one except bolted to a quad;
I'm not interested in making "broadcast standard" videos with lots of time spent on editing - just fun clips for my own use;
I'm not interested in taking pro-standard photographs or spending a lot of time on post-processing - see above;
I'm not a "tinkerer" and want to avoid reaching for the screwdriver unless absolutely necessary;
I wanted a non-immersive FPV option for framing shots and showing people live views that was plug-and-play.

If a few of these were not the case then I might be feeling like I should have waited before getting the Vision. As it is, it would seem that out of all the Phantom options now (and soon to be) available, the Vision ticks all the boxes for me and users like me...

So after reading the description of the Phantom 2, I was still unsure if the Vision App works with a GoPro and Phantom 2? I bought the Vision because I loved the idea of a live view and the ability to tilt and adjust for framing on the fly. But after owning the Vision for a few weeks, I've been a little disappointed in the copter's camera. I think the Gimbal and GoPro might be the option for me, that is of course if the live view capabilities are still there.

whitewatersalvo said:
Fair enough, but I still believe that for less money, your getting a whole lot more than with the PV

Agreed IF you already have a GoPro and FPV kit. If this is your first foray into aerial video/photography then you would need to spend more money and have a bit more technical knowledge/experience to get up and running with an admittedly more competent system as the end result.

If I was moving from a V1 with a fixed mount GoPro and FPV kit I had had for a while then I would certainly be looking get the V2 with gimbal bundle (although I'd be a bit upset that I wouldn't be able to use the stack of standard lipos I'd probably invested in).

It looks like DJI are trying to have a stable of platforms that can cater for the needs of as wide a group of users as possible under the RTF banner.

1grayweim said:
So after reading the description of the Phantom 2, I was still unsure if the Vision App works with a GoPro and Phantom 2? I bought the Vision because I loved the idea of a live view and the ability to tilt and adjust for framing on the fly. But after owning the Vision for a few weeks, I've been a little disappointed in the copter's camera. I think the Gimbal and GoPro might be the option for me, that is of course if the live view capabilities are still there.

No, the Vision App is specific to the Vision and its camera with its capabilities. I believe some GoPro models have a short-range wifi capability and their own app - but the range is going to be much shorter than the Vision as there's no range extender involved. I don't know what options are available on the GoPro to be controlled by wifi/what the quality/lag on the live view is.

Pull_Up said:
whitewatersalvo said:
Fair enough, but I still believe that for less money, your getting a whole lot more than with the PV

Agreed IF you already have a GoPro and FPV kit. If this is your first foray into aerial video/photography then you would need to spend more money and have a bit more technical knowledge/experience to get up and running with an admittedly more competent system as the end result.

If I was moving from a V1 with a fixed mount GoPro and FPV kit I had had for a while then I would certainly be looking get the V2 with gimbal bundle (although I'd be a bit upset that I wouldn't be able to use the stack of standard lipos I'd probably invested in).

It looks like DJI are trying to have a stable of platforms that can cater for the needs of as wide a group of users as possible under the RTF banner.

Agreed also

My advice if i would start over:
For easy use: the Phantom Vision because of the app
For better stabilization in the video: Phantom ll with Zenmuse and Gopro because of the stabilization

For me:
I think I will choose both :) So far i am happy with the PV because i like to make pictures more then video´s

Pull_Up said:
1grayweim said:

No, the Vision App is specific to the Vision and its camera with its capabilities. I believe some GoPro models have a short-range wifi capability and their own app - but the range is going to be much shorter than the Vision as there's no range extender involved. I don't know what options are available on the GoPro to be controlled by wifi/what the quality/lag on the live view is.

I have seen your link to the other site, i see there is a 5.8ghz video downlink inside the Phantom ll. This makes me think you can use a monitor with receiver (or goggles of course) for fpv instead of the app.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164