Phantom 2 Pre order

Re: Manuals

CarpelDMK said:
I found the manuals here:

http://www.dji.com/download/phantom-2-downloads/

There will be a lever on the back of the remote for gimbal tilt.

On screen display layed over the gopro video out.

Also looks like a special "phantom only" gopro used with a contact pad on the back to facilitate control of the camera.

From the manuals it also appears that the video transmitter will be a separate purchase.

To all the people calling foul that the Vision was just a beta, it does not appear that way to me. The P2 will require MUCH more investment and is a completely different level package.

Beyond the P2 purchase you will also need:
1 onboard display overlay module
2 video xmitter
3 specially modified gopro
4 video RX and display.

To me it looks like you need to spend another grand in optional components to get the same functionality as the P2V gives you albeit at a higher level of gimbal stabilized goodness. For the money and completeness of package the P2V is an outstanding buy. The P2 is for those reaching for the next level. Think the difference between a Canon t3 and 70D. Next you get to the larger craft like the flamewheel (maybe 6D) and go up from there.

Just my thoughts, check out the manuals to see. No real videos showing the OSD in action yet or explaining the optional modules needed for this functionality.

I agree with you and this could have been alleviated if DJI would have come out or maybe coming out with their camera on a gimbal instead of just having a tilt feature.

Re: Manuals

CarpelDMK said:
I found the manuals here:

Also looks like a special "phantom only" gopro used with a contact pad on the back to facilitate control of the camera.

From the manuals it also appears that the video transmitter will be a separate purchase.

To all the people calling foul that the Vision was just a beta, it does not appear that way to me. The P2 will require MUCH more investment and is a completely different level package.

Beyond the P2 purchase you will also need:
1 onboard display overlay module
2 video xmitter
3 specially modified gopro
4 video RX and display.

To me it looks like you need to spend another grand in optional components to get the same functionality as the P2V gives you albeit at a higher level of gimbal stabilized goodness. For the money and completeness of package the P2V is an outstanding buy. The P2 is for those reaching for the next level. Think the difference between a Canon t3 and 70D. Next you get to the larger craft like the flamewheel (maybe 6D) and go up from there.

Just my thoughts, check out the manuals to see. No real videos showing the OSD in action yet or explaining the optional modules needed for this functionality.

Don't believe you will need any "special gopro" That's just a secure mount for the camera. Video transmitters will plug in normally.

If you already own a gopro it's about and even wash as far as $$ invested and you end up with 2 axis gimbal. If steady cam is not your thing you can spend 6 bones and change, use any one of a dozen gopro mounts and go fly for 25 minutes. Depends on what you want to do or accomplish. The Vision just didn't do it for me. What time I was able to fly it, the video reception was in and out and there's the issue of the sun on the smart phone almost impossible to see at times. LOL Maybe this is the beginning of a rivalry between Phantom Vision and Phantom 2 users. :D

I flew my RC Toys Dragonflys blind for 2 years. Its not a make a break deal if I can't see what I'm shooting. I've gotten pretty good at guessing the alignment of my shots :lol:

Guys with the P2 how do you take pictures or video with the goPro? Is there a "shoot" button somewhere like in the vision app??

James Cole said:
Guys with the P2 how do you take pictures or video with the goPro? Is there a "shoot" button somewhere like in the vision app??

There is a setting in the GoPro menu to shoot photos while filming video. There is no way to control the GoPro from the ground currently, you simply have to set it on take off and conduct your flight.

Bwells said:
Did anyone who ordered from DroneFly get shipping confirmation today?

I got an email from UPS Monday night (12/16) that a shipment was prepared. Email of same and actual shipping info today (12/17), since I opted for 2-day I believe it comes tomorrow (12/18) since they're close to where I live.

Once I got all that, I got an RMA to return my Zenmuse H3-2D, PMU and Upgrade Kit back to B&H (I bought it, then they announced the P2 a few days later - never opened that stuff).

Phantom 1.1.1 goes up for sale this weekend.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl