Phantom 2 Naza M mode

Reaction score
Hi.
New in the Dji world and half god in English..
I have some thoughts i hope to get some help with.
1. I want to have the CL and HL on, It dosent work in Phantom mode so i just need to change it into the Naza M mode?

2. And if i do, will it still go home if the remote signal or gps signal is lost? This is called the failsafe mode??

3. Is there something else that change if i turn the Naza M mode on?

4. I can see that is some change on the S1 button when i choose the Naza M mode.
GPS mode.
ATTI.
ATTI.
Should i change it too:
GPS mode.
ATTI.
Failsafe mode.?
On Phantom mode the S1 button says:
Normalfly.
Normalfly.
Normalfly.

I have lost the signal in Phantommode and it haved returned home, so failsafe worked anyway??
Hope that you understand what i mean and could help me.
//Daniel

Hi.
New in the Dji world and half god in English..
I have some thoughts i hope to get some help with.
1. I want to have the CL and HL on, It dosent work in Phantom mode so i just need to change it into the Naza M mode?

2. And if i do, will it still go home if the remote signal or gps signal is lost? This is called the failsafe mode??

3. Is there something else that change if i turn the Naza M mode on?

4. I can see that is some change on the S1 button when i choose the Naza M mode.
GPS mode.
ATTI.
ATTI.
Should i change it too:
GPS mode.
ATTI.
Failsafe mode.?
On Phantom mode the S1 button says:
Normalfly.
Normalfly.
Normalfly.

I have lost the signal in Phantommode and it haved returned home, so failsafe worked anyway??
Hope that you understand what i mean and could help me.
//Daniel

I'd like to make a suggestion if you have not flown a quadcopter of any kind before put it back into Phantom mode. Leave it there and learn how to fly it before switching Naza-M. S1 (right switch) has marking along side GPS, ATTI and ATTI in either mode that is incorrect. In phantom mode there is no ATTI in the center position of S1 and the bottom of that switch should be set to failsafe in the assistant software. That may sound confusing but that's the way it is.

Many here will say to jump right into Naza mode be smart enough to know your limits.

I'd like to make a suggestion if you have not flown a quadcopter of any kind before put it back into Phantom mode. Leave it there and learn how to fly it before switching Naza-M. S1 (right switch) has marking along side GPS, ATTI and ATTI in either mode that is incorrect. In phantom mode there is no ATTI in the center position of S1 and the bottom of that switch should be set to failsafe in the assistant software. That may sound confusing but that's the way it is.

Many here will say to jump right into Naza mode be smart enough to know your limits.

Hi, i have flown a bit. its my second Phantom. But now i want to get deeper with the functions on it. In Phantom mode my S1 button says in the assistant software:
GPS-Normal fly
ATTI-Normal fly
ATTI-Normal fly
Should i change it to:
GPS-Normal fly
ATTI-Normal fly
ATTI-Failsafe?

In Naza M-mode its:
GPS-GPS
ATTI-ATTI
ATTI-Manuall
Should i change it to:
GPS-GPS
ATTI-ATTI
ATTI-Failsafe here too?
//Daniel

I have mine setup in Naza-M for the ATTI but not IOC as I have no use for either course lock nor home lock. So now S1 is setup as follows GPS, ATTI and Failsafe. I use ATTI when filming for really smooth movements depending to on which way the wind is blowing and how fast. And if necessary switch to GPS to stop drifting and hover in position. Being that I am videographer and sell stock footage I'm always visual view of the P2 and use the monitor to keep my subject in view which sometimes is hard to accomplish. I have failsafe set at 36 meters to make sure it is clear of any trees and only use it if I am distracted and lose sight of it due to background colors.

Hope this answers your questions.

I have mine setup in Naza-M for the ATTI but not IOC as I have no use for either course lock nor home lock. So now S1 is setup as follows GPS, ATTI and Failsafe. I use ATTI when filming for really smooth movements depending to on which way the wind is blowing and how fast. And if necessary switch to GPS to stop drifting and hover in position. Being that I am videographer and sell stock footage I'm always visual view of the P2 and use the monitor to keep my subject in view which sometimes is hard to accomplish. I have failsafe set at 36 meters to make sure it is clear of any trees and only use it if I am distracted and lose sight of it due to background colors.

Hope this answers your questions.

Ok, I think i will fly in Naza M mode to use the IOC functions (CL/HL).
And i will set the S1 button like this:
GPS-GPS, flying with the gps.
ATTI-ATTI, flying without gps, at your own risk.
ATTI-Failsafe mode, if something goes wrong and i want it to go home. If there is a homepoint selected.
Thanks for your help to clear some of my problems.
//Daniel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl