Phantom 2 motor replacement

Reaction score
Hello everyone!! My first post will be a question on my Phantom 2 with Gopro3+ Black and the HD2D gimbal. I fly alot over water and want to know when to replace my motors as being a quad if one fails the whole craft fails unlike a Hex or Oct that can be somewhat fly down to safety.
I would like to eventually upgrade the motors but dont want to wait until one fails as the whole thing will likley be at the bottom of the Pacific. Thanks everyone. Kenny

Ridetools said:
Hello everyone!! My first post will be a question on my Phantom 2 with Gopro3+ Black and the HD2D gimbal. I fly alot over water and want to know when to replace my motors as being a quad if one fails the whole craft fails unlike a Hex or Oct that can be somewhat fly down to safety.
I would like to eventually upgrade the motors but dont want to wait until one fails as the whole thing will likley be at the bottom of the Pacific. Thanks everyone. Kenny

I saw in another thread that DJI expects 300 hours on each motor under normal load. So - if I were going over the ocean... I would probably think about replacing at 225 hours to be safe. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl