Phantom 2 + Hero4 + FPV = possible?

Reaction score
Dear Pilots,

I am new to this forum and I hope that my concern is well accepted here :)

Yesterday I flew my Phantom II with the 3D/H4 gimbal - all quite well after the first tries.
Today I read about the problems, if you use the GoPro Capture App as your FPV-Monitor. I am Edit: Using the Go Pro Hero 4 Black

I have read about different solutions to make the camera signal 5,8 ghz and get a separate monitor for it - not the iPhone(mobile phone).

So I found this toolkit - does anyboady have experience, if this is any good?
http://www.uuustore.com/6km-fpv-combo-system-boscam-58ghz-600mw-video-transmitter-and-receiver-suit-for-sj4000-or-gopro-3-4-compatible-for-dji-p-1921.html

If the link won't work, here the specs:

1 x Boscam 5.8G 600mW 32 Channel Wireless AV Transmitter with all cable
1 x Boscam 5.8G 32 Channels wireless AV receiver with all cable
1 x 800x480 HD Monitor with sunshade
1 x power cable
1 x FPV cable suit for Gopro or SJ4000
SJ5000 SJ6000
2 x English Manual

Best
Mika

Last edited:
Dear Pilots,

Yesterday I flew my Phantom II with the 3D/H4 gimbal - all quite well after the first tries.
Today I read about the problems, if you use the GoPro Capture App as your FPV-Monitor.

I have read about different solutions to make the camera signal 5,8 ghz and get a separate monitor for it - not the iPhone(mobile phone).

http://www.uuustore.com/6km-fpv-combo-system-boscam-58ghz-600mw-video-transmitter-and-receiver-suit-for-sj4000-or-gopro-3-4-compatible-for-dji-p-1921.html

1 x power cable
SJ5000 SJ6000
2 x English Manual

Best
Mika
Hi Mate
You don't say which model of the Gopro camera you are using.... I had a Phantom 2 with a Gopro Hero 3 silver which was a bit iffy on communication, but the Gopro Hero 4 Black was perfect
Waylander

Hi Mate
You don't say which model of the Gopro camera you are using.... I had a Phantom 2 with a Gopro Hero 3 silver which was a bit iffy on communication, but the Gopro Hero 4 Black was perfect
Waylander
Hi Waylander,

I have the Go Pro Hero 4 Black :)

So I have read, that within 100m range it is all safe with the capture app, but for further range I should get the mentioned 5,8 ghz FPV kit, right?

Last edited:
Dear Pilots,

Today I read about the problems, if you use the GoPro Capture App as your FPV-Monitor. I am Edit: Using the Go Pro Hero 4 Black

1 x power cable
SJ5000 SJ6000
2 x English Manual

Best
Mika

That FPV kit is not ideal as it uses a separate receiver attached to the back of the monitor> Then you need a battery to power both monitor and receiver. If you look round Boscam does make a diversity 32 channel monitor/receiver with built-in battery and they also have video transmitters from 25 - 600mw. All the FPV equipment is 5.8GHz frequency. It may cost you a bit more than what was in that ad but will worth it.

The Hero 4 Blk is a better camera than those SJ cameras.

That FPV kit is not ideal as it uses a separate receiver attached to the back of the monitor> Then you need a battery to power both monitor and receiver. If you look round Boscam does make a diversity 32 channel monitor/receiver with built-in battery and they also have video transmitters from 25 - 600mw. All the FPV equipment is 5.8GHz frequency. It may cost you a bit more than what was in that ad but will worth it.

The Hero 4 Blk is a better camera than those SJ cameras.
Jason, Bob again, you gave me some info on what to order to install camera on my Phantom 2. I have everything with exception of camera, it will be in in a few days. Question, the plug and play cable that I received has two black plugs that plug into the transmitter, the transmitter only has one plug on the bottom of transmitter. Did I get the wrong transmitter or am I doing something wrong. Please advise

Thanks Bob

Jason, Bob again, you gave me some info on what to order to install camera on my Phantom 2. I have everything with exception of camera, it will be in in a few days. Question, the plug and play cable that I received has two black plugs that plug into the transmitter, the transmitter only has one plug on the bottom of transmitter. Did I get the wrong transmitter or am I doing something wrong. Please advise

Thanks Bob

Bob take a photo of both the plug n play cable and the TX and model number you are using and post it here so I have a better idea of you are working with. Since the P2 is no longer in production p n p cables that we used 2 years or so ago are no longer available meaning to connect everything together you might need to hard wire the connections.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor