Black Screen on fpv (help please)

Reaction score
i dont know why. my dumb me pluged in the go pro to charge it while on the phantom....
one day when i set up the phantom 2 y pluged the go pro hero 3 + to the gimball via USB everything was ok and then i tuned on my fpv monitor and it shut down.....
so i unplugged it and plug it again and same thing.
then i unplug the AV cable from the receptor and turn on the monitor giving me the blue no signal screen, when i plug the AV connector the monitor flickes (blue - black - blue - black) and it turns off
i dont know that to do now. the go pro films well and the gimbal works but the back of the soket of the gopro is hot
again. the camera works and the gimbal works i think is an issue os the transmitter or the reciever.
i do not update the firmware of the gopro to actually avoid this issue
is the phantom 2 (non vision)
i really need help guys

Last edited:
i dont know why. my dumb me pluged in the go pro to charge it while on the phantom....
one day when i set up the phantom 2 y pluged the go pro hero 3 + to the gimball via USB everything was ok and then i tuned on my fpv monitor and it shut down.....
so i unplugged it and plug it again and same thing.
then i unplug the AV cable from the receptor and turn on the monitor giving me the blue no signal screen, when i plug the AV connector the monitor flickes (blue - black - blue - black) and it turns off
i dont know that to do now. the go pro films well and the gimbal works but the back of the soket of the gopro is hot
again. the camera works and the gimbal works i think is an issue os the transmitter or the reciever.
i do not update the firmware of the gopro to actually avoid this issue
is the phantom 2 (non vision)
i really need help guys

I realize your English is not the best but I do need more information. Do you have a mini iOSD (telemetry) installed as well as the transmitter? Also which video transmitter are you using?

I realize your English is not the best but I do need more information. Do you have a mini iOSD (telemetry) installed as well as the transmitter? Also which video transmitter are you using?
i have the mini IOSD and i have the transmitter, both well conected and working properly.
the problem i think is the monitor or the reciever, because they work until i put the AV cable on the monitor. then it flashes with the signal of the camera and with blue, and the monitor turn off like complete off.
i thought that the monitor was low on bateries, i charge the bateries.
i thought that the reciever was working badly but the flashes of the feed of the camera are actually clear and with the image in front of the cuadcopter.
i have recuested a new bateries on my local store and in a couple of days it will come and maybe the problem is fixed.

mini IOSD + AVL58 5.8 Videolink transmitter + gimbal (dont know the brand) + gopro hero3

sorry my bad english and thank you for your patience

i have the mini IOSD and i have the transmitter, both well conected and working properly.
the problem i think is the monitor or the reciever, because they work until i put the AV cable on the monitor. then it flashes with the signal of the camera and with blue, and the monitor turn off like complete off.
i thought that the monitor was low on bateries, i charge the bateries.
i thought that the reciever was working badly but the flashes of the feed of the camera are actually clear and with the image in front of the cuadcopter.
i have recuested a new bateries on my local store and in a couple of days it will come and maybe the problem is fixed.

mini IOSD + AVL58 5.8 Videolink transmitter + gimbal (dont know the brand) + gopro hero3

sorry my bad english and thank you for your patience

Are you the DJ HUB to connect all of devices on the P2 or did you hard wire the video transmitter and iOSD to the cam socket inside the P2's shell?

What monitor are you using and did you use a separate AVL58 receiver attached to your monitor?

Are you the DJ HUB to connect all of devices on the P2 or did you hard wire the video transmitter and iOSD to the cam socket inside the P2's shell?

What monitor are you using and did you use a separate AVL58 receiver attached to your monitor?

I have the hub and i atached all the components properly. the cuadcopter was working fine. at the end it was the bateries of the monitor that broke. i mean it charges and all but it seems that internally have some wires cut or something.
i went to another store today and bought a new battery. the monitor is now working fine.

i have a separate reciever atached to the monitor and i did not hard wire the components.

thank you for your patience.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl