Phantom 2 controller gives 3 beeps when switched on

Reaction score
Hi all

My DJ6 controller gives 3 beeps when u switch it on but the drone wint start up.. Anyone had this before

The controller beeps even when the drone isn't on... I have tried rebind it... Nothing - Drone won't fire up.... Its not the drone as I have tried it with another controller and its puuurfect

i had mine the same. you should try to put your transmitter around 10Centimetres from you phantom2, its works. but farther than that, its will keep blinking yellow fast. any solution?

olak329 said:
its will keep blinking yellow fast. any solution?

I don't know about that 10cm thing, but he does raise a valid question. If you turn the Phantom (only) on, the indicator LEDs will be blinking rapid yellow, indicating the P2 is in Failsafe mode because it is does not have contact with the RC.

When you turn your RC in question on, does the blinking change from rapid yellow to... anything else? it would be slow yellow if you did this indoors indicating there's no GPS satellites, or if outdoors it would switch to the green or green/red blinks

also yes, batteries. my RC only sqwaks at me for 2 reasons:
1 low battery
2 RC is on and the Phantom is NOT for several minutes.. ie a "turn me off" reminder

Ok A bit of feedback...

I changed the batteries - still the same - You switch it on - 3 short beeps

also the drone is flashing red green yellow.... which is normal ... You put the controller on nothing changes...

The X1 control is there in the gimbal tilt - drone won't power up when both sticks are centre down

I find this absurdly weird

After I loaded the new firmware, my red LED turned to green and gives me 3 fast beeps when first turned on. It does the 3 beeps far or close to the P2. Mine started with the wrong updated firmware for the transmitter. I loaded the RC assist. program and I picked the new update. Unfortunately I picked 1.0.1.24. I think I should have picked 1.0.1.12.
My P2 fires up ok and the transmitter runs everything. I don't have a gimbal. I'm not too sure about how well it operates with this firmware. I have an email to DJI to see what they say.
I'm not sure I'm much help, but I thought I'd add a bit more info for you.
Good luck.

Crazykaktus said:
Hi all

My DJ6 controller gives 3 beeps when u switch it on but the drone wint start up.. Anyone had this before

wrong firmware update is my first thought. Here are my questions. On a DJ6 the light should be red when you turn it on and there are no beeps from a DJ6, I bet your DJ6 is showing a green led and giving 3 beeps.. not beep, beep, beep. but beep....beep.beep. one beep then two quick beeps, is that correct.
Get back to the correct firmware and bebind. good luck
Craig

I know your not speaking to me but my beeps are 3 in a row. I listen carefully and there is no delay between any of the beeps.
Just my 2 cents.....

There are two different controller types for Phantom 2 (Zenmuse) and Phantom 2 Vision.
You updated the wrong controller firmware, so now your controller is acting as a Vision controller.
Plug it in and update to the correct firmware.

Hi Craig

Never thought of that. Ok see the video
https://vimeo.com/112611808
My light has never been red... Only time it goes red is when my batteries run dead... then it flashes red green...
Since I had my drone light has always been green... But ya it never beeped on switch on...

Ok trick question, how do you step back on firmware... or reset the controller so you can reload... Any Ideas ?

Crank said:
I know your not speaking to me but my beeps are 3 in a row. I listen carefully and there is no delay between any of the beeps.
Just my 2 cents.....

Crank seems like you have the same issue..... Any fixes... I plug my controller in and it doesn't show any software issues ?!?!

Yes mine RC does that as well ever since I've upgraded to the latest software, it flew alright yesterday, and after downloading/reading the new P2 manual from DJI it says it should be green and make 3 beeps, though the manual shows the newer RC in the picture. I just wonder it's updated the older RC as well with the newer colour.

Cheers Mark

edit; just downloaded the same *** software v3.6 again from the P2 page and once opened it shows it as the P2 Vision *** software? Weird.

Yeah, it is kind of stupid that DJI forces P2 owners on the same assistant as the Vision2+.
The P2 deserves it's own assistant. It is a different platform which attracts a different kind of user.

Hey q8f1

What you think the solution is - Mine played up just after the upgrade as well.... I don't see an option to jump back in the software.

"What you think the solution is"

Hi, I don't know, as long as it flies as it should I suppose that's all that matters.

Cheers Mark

Hey guys....
I've tried everything to apply the correct firmware for my DJ6 controller. When I ran the correct RC Assistant it gave me the only firmware 1.0.1.24 to pick from. I beleive it also said that firmware was for the new controller. I kinda took it as an update. I think the RC assist should know what controller you have and not allow a wrong firmware upgrade. Also the only RC Assitance you can get for a P2 is a P2 Vision.
It here is no way that I know how to reset it back to factory defaults and apply the correct firmware. The software will not allow you to pick the correct firmware, unless I'm missing something.
I really don't mind the color change and the beeps as long as it operates the P2 reliable. I hope to hear back from DJI about this issue in the next couple days.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl