Phantom 1 with no lights on led and beeping

Reaction score
I hope someone can advise me as to what is wrong with my phantom 1. I've just bought it second hand, they said it needed just an upgrade and it hadn't been crashed. So the issue. I switch the controller on and then the drone. Motor lights flash on then go off then the beeping starts, at no point does the drone led lights show. I can't get it to connect to the software to upgrade. I suspect it has had a crash as the walker gimbal is bent up like a dogs hind leg. Can this phantom be rescued?

Sent from my SM-J500F using PhantomPilots mobile app

I hope someone can advise me as to what is wrong with my phantom 1. I've just bought it second hand, they said it needed just an upgrade and it hadn't been crashed. So the issue. I switch the controller on and then the drone. Motor lights flash on then go off then the beeping starts, at no point does the drone led lights show. I can't get it to connect to the software to upgrade. I suspect it has had a crash as the walker gimbal is bent up like a dogs hind leg. Can this phantom be rescued?

upload some pictures but it sounds like the main board maybe bad. Open up the shell and take a picture of the top of the main board.

b4e3354ad481d0a025cd20f6f17ebf07.jpg
43413c216d279907f39cd9b2925a2aa7.jpg
dfed1bcd87aad2dc92b311336310e400.jpg
2f0dbe763f41a08ab305b8b08ed04a1a.jpg
5f99d65cec32bda44694deed59239565.jpg
aa32b227877d149500756b1674dc396f.jpg
4b5700ae63a0bf33fa0a46835991b16b.jpg
3551e4b142d881df204d6dc30a5e1d77.jpg
be77b7f3f9b44c3446a72adf58ce42f6.jpg
bb9ab56d3f5568e37cb6f9f4bdef05a4.jpg

Hi here's the inside, I've also noticed an antenna is broken, not sure this effects it much

Maybe the LED module is simply broken or disconnected: double check this point.
What is the disconnected servo connector visible in your picture n. 3?
About the software connection: did you install the DJI driver? And was the installation successfull (there are issues with Windows 10: see discussions in P1 discussion section)?
And what diagnostic message you get from Naza Assistant software?

Maybe the LED module is simply broken or disconnected: double check this point.
What is the disconnected servo connector visible in your picture n. 3?
About the software connection: did you install the DJI driver? And was the installation successfull (there are issues with Windows 10: see discussions in P1 discussion section)?
And what diagnostic message you get from Naza Assistant software?
Hi gianni_BT, the disconnected servo is the pitch or roll I can't remember which one for the g3d gimball, it's connected to the gps with just one servo. I was suspecting the led but there's no signs of any issues on the board or soldering, I suspect the drone had been crashed and the battery hit the led with force. I'll have to chedo there's power getting to it. The drivers and software load ok (Windows XP) but I get nothing at all on the connection, according to the software my drone doesn't exist.

It sounds as though your PC isn't connecting to the drone, this may be an issue with the driver as mentioned in previous comments. Most issues surround Windows 10 but as the driver is 'unsigned' you may need to refer to these posts to solve that issue. I also notice that the shielding on the top shell is missing? Have you removed it for the photos? If not this will not be helping and neither will the broken antenna.but sorting the driver issue might be the first issue to address IMO

Hi gianni_BT, the disconnected servo is the pitch or roll I can't remember which one for the g3d gimball, it's connected to the gps with just one servo. I was suspecting the led but there's no signs of any issues on the board or soldering, I suspect the drone had been crashed and the battery hit the led with force. I'll have to chedo there's power getting to it. The drivers and software load ok (Windows XP) but I get nothing at all on the connection, according to the software my drone doesn't exist.

Do you hear any sound when you connect the laptop to the Phantom? If not it can be a driver installation problem, the Phantom grey USB cable that is disconnected or damaged or even the extension cable you use to connect to the laptop that is damaged or not suitable: some male to female Type "A" USB cables are suitable for power supply only and not for data transmission. If you can(I know that the Phantom cable is short), try to connect the laptop directly to the Phantom USB cable.

Hi, I just bought a second hand P1 same as you! Does it work out to be the software or the LED?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan