Phantom 1 -> 2 Upgrades

Reaction score
I am currently a Phantom 1 owner. I have the H3-D2 gimbal and use the Futaba 8JA radio. I use the Phantom mostly for video of my kids. I'm pretty happy with my current setup but am thinking of some upgrades. I'd like to get some feedback on if I need to consider anything I'm missing or just general advice.

I'm considering selling what I have now and getting a Phantom 2 with the H3-D3 gimbal. It would be nice to be able to be in the air longer, and having the extra correction the new gimbal provides should make the video a little better.

I'm considering either the IPad Ground Station, or maybe even the Light Bridge. With these options I know you can set waypoints, is it possible to also set the orientation of the Phantom, such that I can control what I'm photographing through the entire flight? I'm assuming I can, but I haven't been able to find any documentation on this. I also have a laptop and could maybe use the PC Ground Station, but it would be a bit more clunky to use that instead of an IPad. The Light Bridge seems like a really robust solution, but might be overkill for me.

Given my usage, does anyone have any advice for me? Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl