Phantom 1.1.1 vs. 3

Reaction score
I've had a Phantom 1.1.1 since Easter. I love it, and it's super fun to fly. I got it after getting my feet with with a Dromida Vista, and the GPS difference is night and day.

It looks like prices on the Phantom 3 standard are coming down, and I've been thinking about selling my 1.1.1 to make the jump. The camera and gimbal are really appealing.

Would you say the Phantom 3 has any drawbacks compared to the 1.1.1? Is it just as nimbal? Just as steady? Can I take the camera and gimbal off when I'm not in the mood?

Thanks!

I went from a P1.1.1 to a P3A. The difference is night and day. What I thought was solid before just wasn't I have no worries whatsoever with my P3, I know it will hover where I put it and do exactly what I tell it. Yes the difference is huge. Video quality is much better too, I always had to fix the curved horizon in post with my Hero 3+ Black, not the the P3A. It's worth the jump.

I had a 1.1.1 and added a P2V+, keeping the P1 as a back-up. You will never want to monkey with the battery cables again after changing batteries on a P2 or P3. Much more stability, too. The integrated camera and gimbal make a huge difference as well.

I think you should go all the way and get P3 with Lightbridge, either a P3A or a P3P.

Reactions: Fplvert
Like the OP, I just upgraded my P1.1.1 (which I've had since Christmas) to a P3S. I got the ebay $399 deal with free shipping. It should arrive tomorrow or Saturday. I'm psyched!

WOW! That was quick. I ordered the P3S on Tuesday evening, and Thursday afternoon it was delivered! Free shipping as well. Looks like I have a busy weekend ahead :)

Mike in Mass

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl