Phantom 1.1.1 upgradable to fly GS?

Reaction score
Can a Phantom 1.1.1 be upgraded to fly with the groundstation software? I have a new phantom 2+ that obviously will but I would like to do some practice runs with the less expensive toy before I put my new toy out there on it's on.

The full groundstation will work on a 1.1.1, you'll just need to add a canbus port for it to plug in to. You can get that by adding a PMU, but I'd suggest this mod to just add it to the board without that extra weight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1nq44GDkOc

However, the waypoints app for the Vision/Vision+ can't be used on any other models of the Phantom.

Does that mean the waypoints app does not work on a 1.1.1 Phantom? If you can't use the waypoints app, doesn't that render GS useless?

No, waypoints app is only for P2V/P2V+, and is completely separate from the full Grounstation (aka 2.4GHZ data link) you would use on a P1. Unless you own a P2V/P2V+ the waypoints app won't do anything for you, but the full GS will work fine.

Forgive my ignorance, but could you post a link that describes the full gs 2.4 ghz data link?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka