Phantom 1.1.1 mods

Reaction score
Added brackets for dual lipo but will not fit in Go Professional case installed under landing gear legs. Gooped the carbon fiber brackets vertically to the landing gear. Had to do a small amount of trimming near the compass. Phantom now fits the case with the dual lipo brackets. Photo attached.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    519.2 KB · Views: 1,847
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    595.7 KB · Views: 4,425
Not sure yet. Have only had it a little over a week and going kind of slowly. Too much invested to crash. Will let you know when I get some numbers.

Finally got to do some battery testing today. With two 2200 lipos, FPV txmitter, and GoPro3+ with full coverage GoPro housing I could get 10 minutes at which point the red led would flash. I have a battery capacity meter on the way and can give specific battery stats when that arrives.

Am adding a Storm 10 gimbal and will be looking for a way to increase flight time. Motors? Props? Anyone getting more minutes out of the Phantom 1?

Managed 11m 50 seconds yesterday :)

Phantom 1.1.1
Vision Props
Dinogy 2800 mah Lipo
Zenmuse + Gopro
FPV Transmitter

Standard landing gear fitted.

It was cold yesterday (5c) so hoping to break 12mins on a warmer day.

Normal flying and 16% battery remaining on the meter immediately after landing.

Impressive :cool:

Just noticed your handle.... you really an EMS pilot? Just curious as I used to fly EMS myself in Vancouver a few years ago.

Yes flew for SW Air Ambulance in LRU (las cruces, nm) and for Native Air in Lake Havasu, AZ. A-Star 350's.

R U getting 12 minutes out of a single lipo or duals? I haven't added the gimbal yet and only get 10 minutes with dual batteries.

Hi EMS_pilot,
yep, the 11m50s was out of a single Dinogy Lipo (2800mah). It fits in standard battery slot nice and snugly.

On a standard 2200mah I was getting around 10 minutes.

The Vision props add around 2 minutes flying time as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl