Perfect Size Durable/Waterproof Hardcase for only $46.99

Reaction score
I prefer a backpack over a hard case and still looking for one but for $46.99, how can anyone pass it up. Just got it today. Took about 40 minutes to cut the foam and voila! not enough height to leave the top/cover foam insert so I just use foam tape to place pieces of foam over various components to keep them secured in place. Case quality is excellent regardless of price. Comes with 2 front and 2 side latches. made room for 3 batteries but can easily accommodate 2 more.

DSC02514.JPG
DSC02515.JPG
DSC02516.JPG
DSC02518.JPG

Yes it's high but clears the cover enough to to fit the foam pieces over the RC and the P3. I have the RC sitting on about 1/4" foam at the bottom and from the depressions of the antenna on the cover foam, there is about 1/4" clearance there too. Foam over P3 is about 1/2" but there is no foam under the landing gears.

Yes the props stays on and their tips clears the sides by less than 1/4". This case is as small as It could be and still fit the props. It's perfect IMO.

I just checked and the latches are hinged and snaps on. Looks very durable. I assume they are the same you'd get on a pelican but I'm not sure as I don't own one. I'll google and take a closeup when I have a chance for comparison.

Is this small enough to work as a carry on?

I wish they had the same thing with wheels and retractable handle.

I just checked....
Case size: External dimensions (L x W x H): 22 1/2 " x 16 1/2" x 8 1/2"
United, Delta, AA : 22" x 14" x 9"
Air Canada : 21.5" x 15.5" x 9"

I guess not!

I too don't want to spend $$ for the DJI backpack and don't want the suitcase on your back look of the Chinese or N.A. variety with hard foam inserts since any air travel I do with it would be carry on and if my $6000+ photo gear can be carried safely in a photo backpack, so can the P3. Unfortunately, finding a photo backpack that is deep enough is difficult and the ones that I think will fit is upward of $400 so I'm scouring the pre-owned variety before settling for a cheap Chinese version.

Pfffft, for $50 vs $200+, its a no brainer dude, sorry.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. The P3 is relatively cheap and I can't argue a cheap case, but for really expensive gear, investing in a solid case like a Pelican is a no brainer.

I certainly agree with the price ratio comparison but considering the quality of the case I'm not so sure it matters. It's not like we would use it daily and the only thing that can fail eventually is the latch or hinge but I doubt that it would happen or if it did, it would cause any damage based on my intended use I.e. I wouldn't be throwing the case around because it's protected. Pelican cases are the way to go and very justified if you've got expensive and sensitive equipment you carry around for your professional work on a daily bases. Just my two cents.

Photos of latches and hinges as requested. Also took another shot of the case straight on from the top to show the tight fit with the props on. However, tight does not mean that you'd have to worry about closing onto of your props. Photo shows props pointing slightly outward but that is not necessarry as the cover will clear with props aligned straight. You only have to make sure they don't point any more than say 10 degrees off centre so its either straight or as shown.

Attachments

• DSC02519.JPG
    DSC02519.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 485
  • DSC02520.JPG
    DSC02520.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 486
  • DSC02521.JPG
    DSC02521.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 524
  • DSC02523.JPG
    DSC02523.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 430
  • DSC02524.JPG
    DSC02524.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 407
  • DSC02525.JPG
    DSC02525.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 451
  • DSC02526.JPG
    DSC02526.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 445
Reactions: clkilljoy
I prefer a backpack over a hard case and still looking for one but for $46.99, how can anyone pass it up. Just got it today. Took about 40 minutes to cut the foam and voila! not enough height to leave the top/cover foam insert so I just use foam tape to place pieces of foam over various components to keep them secured in place. Case quality is excellent regardless of price. Comes with 2 front and 2 side latches. made room for 3 batteries but can easily accommodate 2 more.

View attachment 20406View attachment 20407View attachment 20408View attachment 20409
Thanks for the GOOD find. Ordered and received one yesterday.

Only complaint was that all foam was not pre-cut in little squares. Overall height was a little tight but fits fine. This case should fit in the overhead bin, I know it is over a little bit on flight requirements. But have flown recently and seen what people cram into the overheads on planes lately?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT