Perfect Size Durable/Waterproof Hardcase for only $46.99

Sorry I forgot to mention about the foam. Thank God they supplied the top piece with pre-cut squares to hide my horrible cutting job on the bottom 2.

This was actually such a good deal that even though I wanted a backpack, I went ahead and ordered this and will simply devise a strap system for backpacking. Best of both worlds.

One question, if props are removed, could I then leave the top foam insert installed and it will properly close holding all components?
Thanks

Photos of latches and hinges as requested. Also took another shot of the case straight on from the top to show the tight fit with the props on. However, tight does not mean that you'd have to worry about closing onto of your props. Photo shows props pointing slightly outward but that is not necessarry as the cover will clear with props aligned straight. You only have to make sure they don't point any more than say 10 degrees off centre so its either straight or as shown.

Since I've already taped the various pieces over the batteries, P3, charger, monitor and RC I can't easily check for you without removing them all but I am certain it will fit. However, if you pad the bottom of the RC like I did, you may have to shave the cover foam insert a bit locally over the remote It's a matter of preference but I rather leave the props on doing it my way even thought it doesn't look as nice as having the complete foam insert.

Since I've already taped the various pieces over the batteries, P3, charger, monitor and RC I can't easily check for you without removing them all but I am certain it will fit. However, if you pad the bottom of the RC like I did, you may have to shave the cover foam insert a bit locally over the remote It's a matter of preference but I rather leave the props on doing it my way even thought it doesn't look as nice as having the complete foam insert.
I intend to cut this in a way where I put padding on the top of the case and allow the props to stay on the entire time. It'll take some doing, but I think you can pull it off... excited to get it on Friday!

I was thinking of doing the same, i.e cutting the foam liner where need but in the end I figured it would look messed up anyway so I'd opted for taping pieces instead. Post a shot or two once you're done. It's never too late for me to do the same as I'd only taped the foam on for now.

Reactions: Adam Kontras
Reactions: Adam Kontras
Sorry I forgot to mention about the foam. Thank God they supplied the top piece with pre-cut squares to hide my horrible cutting job on the bottom 2.

Thanks for the find. Any tips on cutting the foam? I've heard that an electric knife is a useful tool for this sort of job. I'm planning to cut mine tomorrow.

Thanks for the find. Any tips on cutting the foam? I've heard that an electric knife is a useful tool for this sort of job. I'm planning to cut mine tomorrow.
Serrated Steak Knife worked for me. You can remove the Props and then put the whole piece of foam in and see what deformations in the foam produce, I will be leaving the props on and making room for them in the foam. I wanted this case for one reason (other than cost) I think it might fit in the overhead on a plane. I still have my large case from my P2 and the P3p fits fine in it.

Reactions: WalkaboutSean

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj