Peeping-drone? in the news

Seems a typical contrived story - to say the operator was trying to 'peep' in his home - judging from the clip he took of it flying some distance away.
Looks to be just taking a general view of the lit up buildings.

You could close the curtains or blinds if you had something to hide :lol:
Far more risk of someone 'looking in with a telephoto lens or binoculars from a nearby building, or on the ground.
They could sit there invisibly for hours.

Because everyone knows a buzzy, blinky flying camera is the best tool for peeping, especially at night. :roll:
Until I see a video of one within 5 feet of a window hovering I will never be convinced it was a 'peeping Tom'.

Someone just showed me that. The guy said it was a few feet from his apartment balcony but the counter video he took does not show it that close. I'm sure the pilot knows he is in the news right now. I'd lay low if I was him.

One guy was watching me fly from my porch and said hey I bet thats good for spying.... I said its kinda loud don't ya think? And it has flashing lights too. Doesn't take much to get people dear mongering.

1. What are windows and curtains for again? Oh yeah! To stop people from looking through.
2. Was that Phantom even looking through peoples balcony? I think not. Seriously.. the GoPro is so wide that you'd literally have to be like arms length to actually get a good picture of someone.
3. What makes you so important to be spied upon on the first place? :lol:

UrAwFuL said:
1. What are windows and curtains for again? Oh yeah! To stop people from looking through.
2. Was that Phantom even looking through peoples balcony? I think not. Seriously.. the GoPro is so wide that you'd literally have to be like arms length to actually get a good picture of someone.
3. What makes you so important to be spied upon on the first place? :lol:
1. Windows are to keep the weather and bugs out. Curtains are to provide shade and privacy.
2. Unless the video is viewed, we'll never know for certain.
3. Irrelevant.

The fact of the matter is that someone was using a drone in a manner that showed poor judgement, at best. The person who reported it gave credible descriptions of the manner it was being operated in.

Ultimately, regardless of whether the operator was using it for pervy reasons or totally harmless reasons, the way they were operating it has put the hobby as a whole in a bad light. It's incidents like this that will ultimately result in heavy regulations being imposed on the recreational operators.

And, the police apparently have a number of other reports about a drone being used in a similar manner, so there's probably something to it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl