Part 107 Explanation/Breakdown - Great Article!

Will the 107 test be online or do you need to go to a center? It looks like this will all go into effect the end of August?
If you are a current pilot it's online. Otherwise you go to the physical testing centers. That's my understanding and the details will be more clear once everyone reads through the almost 700 pages of the ruling LOL.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Looking at the rules posted on the FAA's website, it appears that the 400 ft agl "limit" has been removed when flying for recreational purposes. It's clearly stated in the commercial flight section but omitted from recreational flights. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sorry for my language, but is it really going to cost thousands to get the 107 certificate?

Even if it does, that's much less expensive than what it costs to get a manned aircraft pilot certificate. This is definitely a huge step forward cost-wise.

If you are a current pilot it's online. Otherwise you go to the physical testing centers. That's my understanding and the details will be more clear once everyone reads through the almost 700 pages of the ruling LOL.
Yep, I think that nearly 700 pages qualifies for the 'massive overkill' I referred to earlier. Geez....

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: BigAl07
I'm a middle class guy, I do ok, but close to $5000.00? I'll love explaining this one to my wife.

Don't forget about insurance ;)

So the fees posted in this thread are legit? I even tried calling the FAA to find out. What a joke that was.

Reactions: Kman
Good grief, I just looked it up, it's $7000.00 mi amigos, not $5000.00. $6800.00 to be more accurate.

$7k? that's exactly $6,950 more than i will pay. very few will sign up. government wants to get paid boys. plain and simple. insurance costs less.

Reactions: MikeyOnline
$7k? that's exactly $6,950 more than i will pay. very few will sign up. government wants to get paid boys. plain and simple. insurance costs less.

Looks like the majority of the small drone photography businesses are either going to go under or just go underground. No way in hell I'm paying thousands to get 107 certification.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
If I am reading correctly, and...maybe I am not...but it looks more like $150...which is at the upper echelon of what I would be willing to pay...$199, and you might lose me.

54123-7a2bc9de009bd2978178e8c0dcf3087b.jpg

Attachments

• cost.JPG
    cost.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 591

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20