Panning/curve techniques?

Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips on how to pan around in a nice curve to get great footage?

Al

you can use courselock to get a curved flightpath but you will have to deal with yaw/pan yourself using the left stick. to get a decent radius curve you would need to set the homepoint quite a way from what you want to film. very small movements will be required on the stick for the yaw/pan control. the larger the radius the less yaw/pan required.

or, you can forget courselock and learn to fly the drone better. i'm not having a go at you at all, just pointing out that a pilot with some skill/experience, someone has has come from RC heli's say, ought to be able to get the drone to go which way they want and face which way they want without too much trouble. it will just take lots of practice for a newby at RC aircraft to get to that stage.

Hey that's great advice thanks. I'll try out the course lock and be gentle on the yaw. Nice one. Cheers :)

You mean fly around something, keeping the camera pointing at it? Pretty easy - just a matter of practice. Fly to the right while turning to the left, or fly to the left while turning to the right. Ie the left and right sticks on the transmitter go in opposite directions. The part where practice is required is learning how rapidly to turn to keep the target centred in the camera.

I generally find the yaw too sensitive I mean the slightest left right touch seems to move it too quickly. Is that in the assitant gain settings then?

No, adjusting the gains won't affect the rotation speed. It really is a matter of practice. Make small, controlled movements of the stick. It's easier to do this if you hold the body of the stick between your first finger and thumb, rather than just putting your thumb on the top of the stick.

HarryT said:
You mean fly around something, keeping the camera pointing at it? Pretty easy - just a matter of practice. Fly to the right while turning to the left, or fly to the left while turning to the right. Ie the left and right sticks on the transmitter go in opposite directions. The part where practice is required is learning how rapidly to turn to keep the target centred in the camera.
I started to visualize that movement and I said, wow, that should work.
I tried with prop guards and string on about a month ago around my flag pole and got tired and killed a battery. Not correct stick movement.
Will give it try.
Thanks, Harry T

aljames said:
I generally find the yaw too sensitive I mean the slightest left right touch seems to move it too quickly. Is that in the assitant gain settings then?

As mentioned its not in the settings but you can add a pot or fixed resistors to the controller with a switch and slow the Yaw down. There are threads on here about it.

I have not completed this yet but plan to.

aljames said:
I generally find the yaw too sensitive I mean the slightest left right touch seems to move it too quickly.

Are you using the "nipple grip"? :twisted:

So do you guys get your controller straps from Victoria Secrets ?

:roll:

practise practise practise. That's all. The way Harry explains it woorks best for me as well. you'll get the feeling of it.

The guys are right about the finger/thumb technique, it is easier to maintain a curve.

I find that because the H3-3D counters yaw as well, you might overcompensate the rotational movement at the start. I tend to hold it for a second first, let the gimbal catch up, then start making micro corrections.

I started trying to 'orbit' an object whilst gradually lifting up - looks pretty cool if you get it right!

e4a0f7df-790f-41f3-9352-d71908164b49.jpg

Hi!

I changed the length to maximum ( left: original, right: max. length) to get a smoother acceleration when moving the stick.
Your finger has a longer and more controllable way to perform the movement.

fly safely

Lem

Attachments

• stick.jpg
    stick.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 334
kikkilokko said:
Hi!

I changed the length to maximum ( left: original, right: max. length) to get a smoother acceleration when moving the stick.
Your finger has a longer and more controllable way to perform the movement.

fly safely

Lem

You can change the length of the sticks??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

-slinger

HarryT said:
Put the prop guards on and gave that a try today Harry T. After a few tries I got all around my flag pole within about 5 feet. It really works great. More work on it and it will get better. Then my crimson maple tree jumped in front of the quad. Dang moving trees. No real damage. Just clean the props.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl