Painted body

Reaction score
After a tree come out of nowhere and attacked my drone it needed a new body after a slightly rough landing.

I always struggled to see it against the sky with it being white so I thought this would be a ideal time to paint it.

It turned out ok, didn't want to go all black just in case of heat issues.

79c39faa144375137b896ba0464318b7.jpg

66a9acc5bd5f963f83b51c62f921fe92.jpg

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Trinimon
You know, your new Phantom shell looks really nice, & I think you did a great job with that color. It would certainly appear like it would stand out in the sky, very well.

I have another "brilliant" option, which you might not be aware of.
Ad_water__728X90.jpg

For extra visibility, in broad daylight or darkest night time flying, please see the Lume Cube advantage. ;-)

They have three strobe modes which are fantastic for day time flight orientation, and keeping VLOS much much farther, than without them blinking so brightly.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Looks like an Autel pumpkin. :rolleyes:

Nice paint job. I used a vinyl wrap so I can change it annually with my mood.
Like we haven't heard of that manufacturer around here? Ha

Apparently, they do make a fine product, and the pilots flying them are sharing their happiness, very pleased.

RedHotPoker

Thanks guys, just the props to dye and batteries to paint and will look complete then :)

just slap a autel sticker on it and your good to go

Reactions: Drone Master
Thanks guys, just the props to dye and batteries to paint and will look complete then :)

go for yellow props
20160905_145733.jpg

see dji props and autel best of both worlds

Reactions: captainmilehigh
I was inspired by this thread. I have a p3pro, but would probably never mess with it, but I have an aee ap10 as my beater. It was a little dinged up so I copied the paint job shown here. Visibility is awesome on this thing.
b86c7274d8c878cadc728ad60f48c6e6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: flpholt
I was inspired by this thread. I have a p3pro, but would probably never mess with it, but I have an aee ap10 as my beater. It was a little dinged up so I copied the paint job shown here. Visibility is awesome on this thing.
b86c7274d8c878cadc728ad60f48c6e6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
cool another pumpkin

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl