P4P vs Mavic Pro

Reaction score
I am very new to the drone world. But very excited and eager to get involved. I started out with something simple with the U818A-HD, and it has done a great job and served its purpose. Now I am ready to move on to something else and I am having trouble deciding on what to go with. I absolutely love the look of the Mavic Pro and its compact nature, but I love the AVAILABILITY of the P4P. I am just looking for some feedback from some users that have both products, and which one they prefer.

I am looking to use this primarily for aerial video/pictures, tracking(while hiking), and just fun stuff. I would also like to make some sort of contraption to allow me to use my drone while fishing.

Hope this helps you all get a better understanding as to what I am looking for.

PS. Any thoughts on building a custom drone just for fishing?

Tell us more about this. What exactly would you like to do?

I would like to be able to attach the fishing line to the drone with a quick release holding it. So that whenever the fish takes the bait, the line will release and then I will be able to return the bird home.

You'll definitely want to get a Phantom then. You won't be able to attach devices like that to the Mavic.

You'll definitely want to get a Phantom then. You won't be able to attach devices like that to the Mavic.

Well the statement about the fishing was more directed at those that have built there own drones with a kit. Then making some sort of special attachment just for the DIY Bird, as that would be its only purpose.

It's going to be tough to attach any type of kit to a Mavic. It sits low to the ground and has sensors on nearly the entire bottom of the aircraft.

It's going to be tough to attach any type of kit to a Mavic. It sits low to the ground and has sensors on nearly the entire bottom of the aircraft.

Right, I understand that. Maybe I was not clear with my statement.

I am looking to get comparisons between the Mavic and P4.

I am also wanting to get thoughts on building a DIY Bird for fishing purposes and if anyone has used a Bird for this purpose.

I am also wanting to get thoughts on building a DIY Bird for fishing purposes and if anyone has used a Bird for this purpose.
People don't commonly build DIY birds here. Most of us are flying Phantoms. You can find some posts about drop kits used for fishing in these search results.

Depends what your looking to do with the p4p or Mavic.. If you like sometbing very very portable, small? Compact? Maybe you go on a lot of trips or travel then I would say Mavic all day long. If your gonna possibly use it to carry sometbing , or want s bigger quad in general then I would go with the p4p.. You can't go wrong either way , it really comes down to you and what your personal preferences are.. Like I debated the same thing.. But since I often travel with my friends to various locations I will prolly choose the Mavic when the time comes and I get my tax returns ;) it's small, folds up, built like a rock.. But if your looking for a ton of add ons, I would say the p4p would be better, if you like customization and changing things etc, the phantom series are gonna be a better option for you, as there is More aftermarket stuff avalible out there, along with custom skins and holders, drop devices, gps mounts, leg extensions and much much more ..

Figure out what your needs are and choose the quad that best fits your needs..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends what your looking to do with the p4p or Mavic.. If you like sometbing very very portable, small? Compact? Maybe you go on a lot of trips or travel then I would say Mavic all day long. If your gonna possibly use it to carry sometbing , or want s bigger quad in general then I would go with the p4p.. You can't go wrong either way , it really comes down to you and what your personal preferences are.. Like I debated the same thing.. But since I often travel with my friends to various locations I will prolly choose the Mavic when the time comes and I get my tax returns ;) it's small, folds up, built like a rock.. But if your looking for a ton of add ons, I would say the p4p would be better, if you like customization and changing things etc, the phantom series are gonna be a better option for you, as there is More aftermarket stuff avalible out there, along with custom skins and holders, drop devices, gps mounts, leg extensions and much much more ..

Figure out what your needs are and choose the quad that best fits your needs..

Thanks, I appreciate the wonderful feedback.

Anytime man. Love giving back to this community who is always there for me. Good luck with your choice man

Looking at the first post, I feel you just need Mavic. You are innovative and will find ways to do more with it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: JLWright325
Looking at the first post, I feel you just need Mavic. You are innovative and will find ways to do more with it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
+1 on what Alok said. I was thinking about how simple it would be to zip tie an almost parralell hook on the bottom of the Mavic to hold the line while you take it out, then turn around 180° fly backwards a few feet and let it drop off. The Mavic has what it takes and is portable enough to easily get out to your favorite fishing hole.
Watch DJI Mavic Drone Flight Test Video & Read Our Review

Reactions: JLWright325

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaz_12