P4P Plus

Reaction score
Hi;

I seem to be getting more and more problems as the days go by with my Phantom 4 Pro Plus.

Now, when I start the machine and the screen says "Go Fly" I select Go Fly and it doesn't go into the camera screen. It goes into the Aircraft Status screen instead. Shouldn't it go directly into the Camera screen?

Also every once in a while when I start it up, on the Aircraft Status screen it say Firmware problem and yet I just upgraded the firmware the other day and each time I start is it says "Latest Firmware"

It never seems to stay one way. One day the screen appears normal and then another day it has an error.

About a half hour ago I started it all up and the gimbal did it little dance and instead of the camera facing forward, it ended up facing rearwards.

Any thoughts on this Phantom 4 Pro Plus folks? I'm beginning to distrust it big time and I haven't even had it in the air yet.

Thanks for any help with this.

Bud

Exchange it quick would be my suggestion.

I'd also go for the non-plus P4 Pro model without the screen and use an iPad Air or iPad Pro 9.7" screen instead. Less brightness, but better video without the sundry lag issues of Android. One of my Android Galaxy tablets now often needs a reboot as the touch screen just stops working, and I have to hold down the power button for about 10 seconds (Hard shutdown.) as the touch-screen to shut it off fails to respond to shutdown. Boots up and works fine for a while. Really is an awful system over time as it bloats up with sundry apps that hog the processor and screen.

Good luck!

Reactions: Matchlock
I would get p4p also but i have to say my pro runs flawless with my ANDROID device. Using my note 5. I dont think the plus tablet they used has good specs as far as processor/ram. It has a bright screen but if it can not even run the app then who cares

Reactions: Matchlock
Thanks, and I like that idea much better. Do you think the iPad Mini 3 or 4 would work ok with it?

Regards

Bud

Exchange it quick would be my suggestion.

I'd also go for the non-plus P4 Pro model without the screen and use an iPad Air or iPad Pro 9.7" screen instead. Less brightness, but better video without the sundry lag issues of Android. One of my Android Galaxy tablets now often needs a reboot as the touch screen just stops working, and I have to hold down the power button for about 10 seconds (Hard shutdown.) as the touch-screen to shut it off fails to respond to shutdown. Boots up and works fine for a while. Really is an awful system over time as it bloats up with sundry apps that hog the processor and screen.

Good luck!

Hi;

I seem to be getting more and more problems as the days go by with my Phantom 4 Pro Plus.

Now, when I start the machine and the screen says "Go Fly" I select Go Fly and it doesn't go into the camera screen. It goes into the Aircraft Status screen instead. Shouldn't it go directly into the Camera screen?

Also every once in a while when I start it up, on the Aircraft Status screen it say Firmware problem and yet I just upgraded the firmware the other day and each time I start is it says "Latest Firmware"

It never seems to stay one way. One day the screen appears normal and then another day it has an error.

About a half hour ago I started it all up and the gimbal did it little dance and instead of the camera facing forward, it ended up facing rearwards.

Any thoughts on this Phantom 4 Pro Plus folks? I'm beginning to distrust it big time and I haven't even had it in the air yet.

Thanks for any help with this.

Bud
did you update your batteries also when you did the firmware ? that would cause the firmware reminder.

Bud: I love my P4P+ and wouldn't swap it for anything else.

1) The "Aircraft Status" screen will pop up every time you fly. It's supposed to. It encourages you to fly safely.
2) The "update firmware" popup is normal, too. Every time you boot up, it connects and verifies that you are using the latest firmware. Sometimes that does kinda hiccup, but it doesn't cause me any real problems. If you update the controller one day, it may want to update your different batteries as you use them for the first time with the new firmware. That's normal too.
3) I love my plus. I can open it up, connect and be flying while these other guys are still digging out their cables. I know, I used tablets with all the Phantoms I had before.

Bud: I love my P4P+ and wouldn't swap it for anything else.

1) The "Aircraft Status" screen will pop up every time you fly. It's supposed to. It encourages you to fly safely.
2) The "update firmware" popup is normal, too. Every time you boot up, it connects and verifies that you are using the latest firmware. Sometimes that does kinda hiccup, but it doesn't cause me any real problems. If you update the controller one day, it may want to update your different batteries as you use them for the first time with the new firmware. That's normal too.
3) I love my plus. I can open it up, connect and be flying while these other guys are still digging out their cables. I know, I used tablets with all the Phantoms I had before.
Exactly my experience. Love the plus

Reactions: Techcop50
I had some problems with the gimbal dance also. Would turn the unit on and off several times but the camera would never really face forward, sometimes down, etc. I did a gimbal calibration twice in a row and so far have not had any of the startup issues. Might want to give it a try.
Best.... Steve

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl