P4p or Inspire 1 v2?

Reaction score
P4 pro vs Inspire 1 V2?

Which one is the "better drone" I am not sure which to get?

It depends. What exactly are you going to do with it? Which features are most important to you?

Hey sorry,

I just decided some further explaination would be better. This is my intention.

I am a hobbiest. But I do have my us commercial certification. And would love to be able to simply support new gear purchasing. I have a good job, that I would never leave for this professionally. I will do some occasional real estate stuff, or video cars on racetracks etc.

I want good quality video, easiest usability, etc.

My background with drones is minimal, but I have spent a fair bit of time flying model helicopters (non gyro), and airplanes. So the actual flying is easy pretty easy for me.

Unless you need to fly with another operator and/or need to upgrade to the other Inspire cameras, I think the P4P would be a better fit for you. It's more portable, easier to setup, and comes with a better camera.

If you were a professional videographer, I would says Inspire. I think you'll be more than happy with the P4P.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Just sold my Inspire 1 Pro, bought a P4 Pro, 10x happier, in my opinion the images and videos are superior on the P4 vs the Inspire with the X5.

I also have the I1 Pro and although DJI has so far not made the most of the P4P with there crappy camera profiles etc the higher DR and increased bitrate make the P4P superior to the I1 Pro unless you need a different lens focal length which favors the interchangeable lens M43 camera on the I1 Pro.

It will be interesting to see if the new P4P/P4P+ firmware with new profiles makes better use of the better hardware than what we had with the previous firmware. I have hopes but I also have doubts...

Brian

Just sold my Inspire 1 Pro, bought a P4 Pro, 10x happier, in my opinion the images and videos are superior on the P4 vs the Inspire with the X5.
The camera specs on the P4P are great but a current gen m43 sensor and the higher quality glass available will pull the pants down on it. Thank you for the comparison to the X5, it has been a question in my mind. Seems the P4Pro is a serious proposition.

The camera specs on the P4P are great but a current gen m43 sensor and the higher quality glass available will pull the pants down on it. Thank you for the comparison to the X5, it has been a question in my mind. Seems the P4Pro is a serious proposition.

A good quality M43 camera like the Panasonic GH4 is probably better than any of the cameras in DJI drones though the GH4 is getting a little long in the tooth. But I wouldn't put a dedicated lens down like we have with the P4P just because it's a dedicated lens. The greater DR and higher bitrate of the P4P over the I1 Pro are visible to me and I have both.

Additionally, an I1 Pro would be lucky to see 17 minutes flight time when running the battery down to near zero whereas the P4P should comfortably go over 20 minutes with 25% remaining and should reliably see 25 minutes if you were to run it down as far as the I1 Pro at 17 minutes. Lastly, the P4P is more stable, hovers and moves more smoothly, and has substantially greater obstacle avoidance -- the I1 Pro has almost none.

Brian

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl