P4P+ Integrated Screen?

Ted

Reaction score
This appeals to me and I am in the market for a new drone. The reason is because it is supposed to be brighter than any tablet / phone I would put on it. So, I am looking for some feedback from people that have used this in sunlight.

Also I am a bit confused on the maps aspect. Is it wifi enabled and you download before venturing out? Or can it tether to your phone? Just a little help on my 2 part question - thank you folks!

Works well in sunlight. You can cache maps before you leave your wifi connection or tether it to your phone. Its rare I actually need the maps.

Works well in sunlight. You can cache maps before you leave your wifi connection or tether it to your phone. Its rare I actually need the maps.
Thank you. So this is wifi capable?

Thank you. So this is wifi capable?
Yes. I connect in my house to my LAN and when out set my phone up as a hot-spot.
Make sure you update the controller firmware via the microSD and not wifi.

Here's a good review of the P4P+ remote controller:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What is with the issue with third party apps? Just what third party apps do you need to add to make the P4P+ any better?

What is with the issue with third party apps? Just what third party apps do you need to add to make the P4P+ any better?
Some people like an app called Litchi over DJI. I am not one of them. I use the FAA's b4ufly on my phone but it isn't designed to connect to the phantom or the controller. Once CrystalSky is released, I expect you'll see DJI either release more apps or will allow 3rd party developers.

with all the issues DJI has with their native apps being buggy that they would allow third party apps to be used without some sort of admonition that if you use these apps they are not responsible for crashes!

Some people like an app called Litchi over DJI. I am not one of them. I use the FAA's b4ufly on my phone but it isn't designed to connect to the phantom or the controller. Once CrystalSky is released, I expect you'll see DJI either release more apps or will allow 3rd party developers.
I was able to get into Play Store today via the Facebook app (look under settings in FB for update)

Yes. I connect in my house to my LAN and when out set my phone up as a hot-spot.
Make sure you update the controller firmware via the microSD and not wifi.
Why is it better to update the controller firmware via SD rather than WiFi? I updated my controller via WiFi before I returned the drone due to a fault. If it's better to update using SD I'll be sure to do that with my new one, but I had no issues using WiFi

Sent from my SM-G900F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Why is it better to update the controller firmware via SD rather than WiFi? I updated my controller via WiFi before I returned the drone due to a fault. If it's better to update using SD I'll be sure to do that with my new one, but I had no issues using WiFi

Sent from my SM-G900F using PhantomPilots mobile app
Until the firmware is updated, the update function fails. Instructions to DL the file and how to do it are on the DJI site. One I set up last week had the old firmware, one that arrived this week came with the updated firmware......go figure

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan