P4P hover look normal?

Reaction score
I've noticed while hovering it looks like the aircraft is rocking. This is in zero wind. Any suggestions?

You know, first flight with my P4P tonight and I noticed a bit of the same.
Last 6mo of using a P4 and it was rock solid in hover, would love to figure this out as well or at least know if defective.

Last 6mo of using a P4 and it was rock solid in hover, would love to figure this out as well or at least know if defective.
My I hovered my P4 in the same spot afterwards and didn't rock or pulse as in the video, but it would drift more up and down

That looks fine to me.
Ok. I'm just curious because It has developed small hairline cracks under the arms around the vents. Very small but still there. I was thinking I have bad props, or something else is wrong

Ok. I'm just curious because It has developed small hairline cracks under the arms around the vents. Very small but still there. I was thinking I have bad props, or something else is wrong

I guess that's possible. Is there any noticeable vibration in its video? Have you checked the props for balance?

Reactions: KingDad1985
Have you done a COLD IMU Calibration on it yet? If you just got it and haven't performed a COLD IMU Calibration, it's quite possible that doing so could fix the issue. Also, make certain to do a compass calibration right after the IMU calibration.

When new, my P4P had similar issues. It would float up and down and do the jitterbug sometimes, but after a COLD IMU Calibration and a Compass Calibration it all disappeared.

Bud

Thanks, I had not done either calibration before first flight (app never asked me to).
I've since done so and now I'm much happier with the performance in hover and in general.

Hi sean;

I'm happy to know everything worked out for you. Normally you wouldn't calibrate the IMU unless prompted by the app but if it's a brand new machine and has just been shipped to you, then an IMU calibration is usually a good idea because of the bumps and bangs the carton receives during shipping. This can throw out certain electronic measurements and an IMU calibration usually "fixes" things.

Anyway, glad it all worked out for you and good luck with your flying.

Regards

Bud

Thanks, I had not done either calibration before first flight (app never asked me to).
I've since done so and now I'm much happier with the performance in hover and in general.

Last edited:
I hope you'll excuse the question, but how do you balance a Phantom 4 Pro Propeller with that device since there's no hole in the center of the P4Pro Propeller for the rod to go through?

Bud
Balancer.JPG

You need a prop balancing thingy. I have this one:

Du-Bro Tru-Spin Prop Balancer DUB499 B&H Photo Video

I must admit that I haven't used mine since the P2 days though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peoplelogic