P4P camera quality compared to E90?

So... you don't have any of your own images you want to look at and you don't want to click the link to the thread I provided. How much better do you want me to spell out the issue for you? If you can't even examine your own images and you can't even click a link, why would believe any images I post?

Also, not surprisingly, you obviously didn't look very hard:

P4P image not true 20MP

14mp not 20mp

RAW is processed, JPG is not
It is just a tiny amount that is getting cropped because of this lens! No other camera on a drone costing 1400 bucks will get you these images at all. Period! Seems like all you do is gripe about it because it's not what is advertised. That is common with most products. Specs are quoted as best case scenario. You work for Yuneec? LOL

It is just a tiny amount that is getting cropped because of this lens! No other camera on a drone costing 1400 bucks will get you these images at all. Period! Seems like all you do is gripe about it because it's not what is advertised. That is common with most products. Specs are quoted as best case scenario. You work for Yuneec? LOL

It's not a tiny amount. It's 30% of the image lolololol. A true 20MP isn't a "best case scenario" - it's literally impossible.

It's not a tiny amount. It's 30% of the image lolololol. A true 20MP isn't a "best case scenario" - it's literally impossible.
But that 30% is around the very edges of the sensor though. Not a huge deal tbo. I'm still making very nice 24x36in prints that I'm very happy with from a tiny sensor and lens! It's the best out there in this price range!

So... you don't have any of your own images you want to look at and you don't want to click the link to the thread I provided. How much better do you want me to spell out the issue for you? If you can't even examine your own images and you can't even click a link, why would believe any images I post?

Also, not surprisingly, you obviously didn't look very hard:

Be careful getting personal! I am more than capable of doing research and getting expert advice and evidence together. And in answer to your other question , no I haven't got any personal images yet as I haven't used the drone yet - its sat in the corner of my office, and I will fly it when Im ready to!

I am not taking any notice whatsoever from forum posts regarding this - thats not reliable validated info - im talking about real world from regarded companies and experts, trade media, whatever - neither none exist, and your getting so defensive, I wonder how objective you are actually being.

I dont care which is better - Phantom, I2 or Yuneec, I want the best quality for my job for the price, which is known in the industry currently (for ease of use) as the phantom 4 Pro due to mechanical shutter and app reliability (not Go). I have still been waiting for over 5 weeks for a page of A4 questions to be answered from Yuneec Uk and I would have happily bought that if they bothered replying, however I went for the Phantom.

I have asked you to put your money where your mouth is and provide a link to an authoritative source and all you do is get defensive and point to other forum links - thats not good enough for me to say ok I agree that this is an incorrect lens and sensor match.

If all you are going to do is get defensive, and objectionable, when all we are looking for is sensible information to base our judgement on then respectfully, I see no point in your participation.

I am not taking any notice whatsoever from forum posts regarding this - thats not reliable validated info -

hahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahah

So actual, first hand evidence taken directly from photos which are posted for you to see for yourself, all of which you can easily validate yourself with your own photos... doesn't matter to you. :rolleyes: Makes perfect sense.

Exactly like I said before - if you won't validate anything for yourself, you certainly won't believe any evidence I post.

I want the best quality for my job for the price, which is known in the industry currently (for ease of use) as the phantom 4 Pro due to mechanical shutter and app reliability (not Go).
Are you planning to use another app rather than Go?
The Go app is quite reliable provided you use it on a tablet with enough memory and performance.
It's the best solution if you are serious about photography as it gives you access to full control of camera settings.
I was surprised to find that Litchi won't let me set Aperture Priority auto exposure.

Are you planning to use another app rather than Go?
The Go app is quite reliable provided you use it on a tablet with enough memory and performance.
I perform and sell 2d and 3d mapping systems, and have used DJI GS Pro on the Phantom 4, I1 and I2, but had a few issues with it, and Map Pilot was very reliable. We also use UGCS on PC which is ultra-reliable albeit an expensive ground station. We mainly use iPad Pro with the UAV's so that is quite reliable, we found with Go running in the background we had a high failure rate with loosing control with the I2 which we couldn't pin point to interference (although our spectrum analyser showed nothing), application or firmware issues. On the Phantom 4 and I1 Pro Black Go worked flawlessly with Map Pilot, but has we have upgraded the kits they have become less reliable.

Reactions: ADobrovolskiy
I perform and sell 2d and 3d mapping systems, and have used DJI GS Pro on the Phantom 4, I1 and I2, but had a few issues with it, and Map Pilot was very reliable. We also use UGCS on PC which is ultra-reliable albeit an expensive ground station. We mainly use iPad Pro with the UAV's so that is quite reliable, we found with Go running in the background we had a high failure rate with loosing control with the I2 which we couldn't pin point to interference (although our spectrum analyser showed nothing), application or firmware issues. On the Phantom 4 and I1 Pro Black Go worked flawlessly with Map Pilot, but has we have upgraded the kits they have become less reliable.
I use Litchi for waypoint missions and DroneDeploy for mapping very often.
It's fine to use those mapping apps, but close DJI Go before you run them.
The Phantom can only run one app at a time and that may be related to the issues you observed.

Reactions: John Locke

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka