P4 won't connect to app

Reaction score
After my rather embarrassing attempt to fly with DJI Go (as opposed to DJI Go 4) I am still having issues.

I downloaded the Go 4 app, updated everything, and started up the drone, the controller, then the app in the comfort of my room. Everything appeared fine, I could see the view through the camera, etc.

Fast forward to lunch today.....nada. No matter what I tried (disconnecting cables, etc.) I could not get the a/c to connect to the app.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Is the P4 just being snarky since I've not played with it in awhile?

Only really weird thing I have noticed is when I start up the app, it is looking for a P4P.

Last edited:
After my rather embarrassing attempt to fly with DJI Go (as opposed to DJI Go 4) I am still having issues.

I downloaded the Go 4 app, updated everything, and started up the drone, the controller, then the app in the comfort of my room. Everything appeared fine, I could see the view through the camera, etc.

Fast forward to lunch today.....nada. No matter what I tried (disconnecting cables, etc.) I could not get the a/c to connect to the app.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Is the P4 just being snarky since I've not played with it in awhile?

Only really weird thing I have noticed is when I start up the app, it is looking for a P4P.
Have you tried reinstalling app

Well, either I somehow missed an update warning, or maybe there was one recently after the iOS update? I dunno.....but I got home, downloaded and installed a controller firmware update, and it's connecting now. I think the cable may be a little wonky, but I tried it three times with the 1' cable and with my usual phone charging cable. Worked all six times.

Anyone care to recommend a nice beefy cable for the iPad?

Well, either I somehow missed an update warning, or maybe there was one recently after the iOS update? I dunno.....but I got home, downloaded and installed a controller firmware update, and it's connecting now. I think the cable may be a little wonky, but I tried it three times with the 1' cable and with my usual phone charging cable. Worked all six times.

Anyone care to recommend a nice beefy cable for the iPad?
Good to hear Yip I had 2 USB cable changes and SD card change,,,not sure about beefy cables I think they just one size but different lengths..mine is long as ,,my original short one was faulty from new..:):)at least your flying again,,,happy flying

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl