P4 unstable after new firmware

Jason.grubb, i would recommend do this downgrade and follow the procedure.

i did this to two of my P4's and i am VERY happy! But very disappointed with DJI now...

Also, after downgrading, i noticed the VIDEO down link quality was 100% better... Again, update the controller but downgrade the BIRD only.

You will see and hear the motor difference and be happy after this download procedure.

Best regards,
Steve
Hi Steve. Do you have a link to show how do the downgrade ? The one in this thread doesnt work no more. I'm on holiday at the moment and keen to get some flights in but with the twitchy flight I'm worried and want to get the bird back to normal. Cheers Jason

Cabsandy, thanks for the link, since doing this I get a "Inconsistent Firmware Found" message now when I exit the app, is this common ?

Cabsandy, thanks for the link, since doing this I get a "Inconsistent Firmware Found" message now when I exit the app, is this common ?

I've had that come up after the downgrade. I just cancel it every time with no issues. Someone here said it might be because of an extra battery not being downgraded.
I haven't checked yet but will see if I only get the inconsistent firmware warning using the battery I didn't use when the firmware was downgraded.
Not to sure other than that but no issues just cancelling the warning.

Reactions: Technical Bob
Hi, I read up on the DJI website about it earlier today, it was in Notes, that any other batteries would need their intelligent firmware also updating, so any that werent in the unit when the drone update was carried out will show this error, I just popped each battery in the drone after I updated it earlier.

Biggest problems Im having, (I cant post my own thread for some reason) is it tells me the ipad mine Ive been using for a year with it, doesnt have enough memory now, and worse than that, sometimes it wont decend, anyone ever had it not come down? Frustrating when the battery is dieing and it wont come down!

Reactions: azelico
Does anyone notice that the problem only exists in the P mode? I switch to S mode and it goes away, or at least I'm not noticing it. Does DJI acknowledge this issue?

Just did the firmware upgrade since I couldn't fly. Now, wobble, wobble, wobble. Seems dji is a weeble now. Hopefully it will come home in 1 piece and not turn out to be Humpty Dumpty and have a Great Fall. That would be bad for all.

Jason.grubb, i would recommend do this downgrade and follow the procedure.

i did this to two of my P4's and i am VERY happy! But very disappointed with DJI now...

Also, after downgrading, i noticed the VIDEO down link quality was 100% better... Again, update the controller but downgrade the BIRD only.

You will see and hear the motor difference and be happy after this download procedure.

Best regards,
Steve
Downgrade fixed some of the issues but created different issues. I wanted to reset all my stuff to Factory but cannot do that using DJI Assistant 2. Does anyone have a method to do a factory reset outside of using the Assistant 2 software?

Progress has been made. The correct downgrade is to version DJI Phantom 4 v01.02.0602. I used these files phantom 4 downgrade - Google Drive
Keep these 2 zip files in separate directories.

Plug your P4 into your computer USB
Launch DUMLdore.exe it should find your P4
I did not bother backing up the failware but you can if you want to just put it in its own directory.
Select Load Firmware and grab the .BIN file from unzipped DJI Phantom 4 v01.02.0602.zip
Select Flash Firmware and let the system do it thing.

I just flew it and the wobbles are gone. I get a little drifting but may be sensors need further calibration, will try that again but ive been having problems getting the calibration to work on my Dell Win10 laptop with 4K display. I think there is some kind of driver issue but it's not working on my old laptop either. It used to work on both. Anyone have a suggestion or a thread on this? Frame Alignment Error - Calibration button grayed out.

Calibration button kind of working now. I had to disable driver signature enforcement and after reinstalling DJI assistant and clicking around on the calibration page, the little dots came to life and I was able to do a calibration. Flying it later today to see if some of the drift is removed. Went to this link to get instruction on how to disable driver signature but there's many on the interwebs.

Top 2 Ways to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement on Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista | Driver Talent

When I read other threads, it seems that some people are having issues and other are not. I would LOVE to know what the common denominator is for those having issues. Now that I have gotten back to v01.02.0602.I am going to try to re upgrade to the latest firmware. I am going to update remove DJI GO 4 from my Ipad mini, Make sure I'm on the latest IOS and reinstall DJI GO. I will update remote control then the bird. I'll pass on any information that's helpful.

Reactions: CliveCopeman
I have the very same problem, but not every flight! I do have the Video dropping out and coming back with the camera off to the left and then recovering. The Gimbal Motor stopped working once and left the camera dangling. I also have errors with the Downward sensors, that can not be re calibrated with the DJI Assistant software. All this after the last firmware update! I am loosing confidence with the DJI product line at this point!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka