P4 replacement motor

Reaction score
Short story long, i had my P4 with me as carry-on luggage from Tenerife, and the x-ray operator got a hissyfit and demanded everything in my backpack had to be sent through the machine on separate trays and the backpack completely empty.. Somehow during this ******** the drone ended up upside down on the floor and now one of the motors isn't turning properly, and the shaft appears to be shoved in.

So.... are the motors user replaceable, or is this a "send the drone in to DJI" kind of fix?

Ive never seen a motor for a P4 for sale anywhere. Or most of the other parts as well. You might get lucky and check eBay, but they are hard to find new.

If you can solder, you can replace the motors. It'll involve opening the Phantom shell -- which will also void your warranty. If you want to proceed anyhow, you can buy new motors here on Amazon:

Last edited:
If you can solder, you can replace the motors. It'll involve opening the Phantom shell -- which will also void your warranty. If you want to proceed anyhow, you can buy new motors here on Amazon:

I stand corrected. Thats pretty cheap for a replacement motor. OP when you replace the motor, dont splice it to the existing wire, desolder it at the main board and then resolder at the main board. The wires have a protectice coating that would need to be stripped before splicing but if you solder directly to the main board, the ends of the replacement motor will probably come pre-tinned.

Thank you for the quick answer, very reasonable price on the motors =) Soldering is not a problem problem, but I was hoping to avoid voiding the warranty.
Btw, just in case I manage to goof up the ordering or the pictures on Amazon lies; the broken motor is for the silver propellers, are those CW or CCW?

The CW motor has 3 black dots on the top.

310nR2vPv7L.jpg

I doubt the warranty would be completely voided just for opening and replacing the motor, unless a warranty claim was caused or could be considered cause by your work. You have a condition not covered under warranty as it is now.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have to take my laptop out of my backpack as carry-on but never had to take anything else out including the AC adapter.
I can see needing the AC, remote, batteries and tablet needing to be taken out. Not sure why they need one to do this as long as the electronics aren't shielded from being visible under X-ray.

I took another look and see they are pre-tinned. Here's a photo:

Pretinned.jpg

And, they are hard to find. Teehee :D

Yes but you were able to find a source on Amazon. I never knew replacement motors existed. Now can you find me a source for P4 gimbal pitch motors? I have 2 P4 hangar queens sitting on a shelf. I have the Yaw arms from Fstop but cant find the motors or circuit boards.

That's going to be a tough find. I don't think DJI has ever sold gimbal motors separately. FStop Labs is the only place I've even seen new gimbal motors (for the P3) -- and, I'm assuming they are 3rd party replacements.

That's going to be a tough find. I don't think DJI has ever sold gimbal motors separately. FStop Labs is the only place I've even seen new gimbal motors (for the P3) -- and, I'm assuming they are 3rd party replacements.

Thanks for the info. Maybe time to part out the P4's and get another P4P or P4P+.

Op, sorry for hijacking your thread.

Ugh, Amazon sellers won't ship to Norway.
I have to take my laptop out of my backpack as carry-on but never had to take anything else out including the AC adapter.
I can see needing the AC, remote, batteries and tablet needing to be taken out. Not sure why they need one to do this as long as the electronics aren't shielded from being visible under X-ray.

I had already removed my laptop and tablet as is normal everywhere else.. I guess he just wanted to flaunt his little authority.. First time through they wanted me to remove my DSLR and lenses and send those through separately, but that didn't satisfy him, so then i had to empty my backpack completely, seperate out all cables etc.. A bloody hassle and annoying as hell. Had to send my stuff through no less than 4 times before he was satisfied enough to do a explosives swab of me and my stuff before finally letting me through, and in the process causing my drone to fall of the table :mad::mad:.. I never have problems like this when travelling from Home (Norway) or in America....

Thank you for the quick answer, very reasonable price on the motors =) Soldering is not a problem problem, but I was hoping to avoid voiding the warranty.
Well, so long as it's not a problem problem problem, you're good to go!

:D

Helpful anecdote.

First time I travel with it, I'll take everything EXCEPT the drone itself out of the stock foam case, then ask that the drone pass through Xray by itself in the case to protect it. Everything else can go in those plastic bins.

I can't imagine the security folks not going along with this, so long as I'm polite, patient, and cooperative.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen