P4 Pro Controller will not charge

Reaction score
Purchased a Phantom 4 Pro used and controller battery is beeping and in need of a charge. Only the first of four lights lite, indicating controller is in need of a charge. Plugged the controller in - alone - not with battery, and first light will flash but it will not charge.

Searched the site and found similar problem that was solved by recalibrating the sticks and gimbal wheel on controller. I watched the recommended video, calibrated controller sticks and gimbal. Tried it again - still will not charge. After approximately 5 minutes controller beeps and then shuts off.

Controller did have a charge because I was able to use it when I first unpacked everything. I've had the P4 and controller out twice and flown with no problem. I have been able to charge the battery so I don't think there is a problem with the charger.

I have tried to connect controller with the DJI Assistant app using my desktop and laptop but it will not connect.

Help please.

Reactions: David_Cambridge
One of the common fixes is to open up the remote and unplug the battery from the main board for a few minutes and then plugging it back in.

One of the common fixes is to open up the remote and unplug the battery from the main board for a few minutes and then plugging it back in.
I took the controller apart and disconnected the battery from the main board for 15 minutes. Reconnected and reassembled controller.

Plugged in charger - left two green lights flash for 70 seconds and then controller turns off. Recalibrated sticks (this was mentioned in a previous post) and connected charger. No change - left two green lights flash and then controller shuts off after 70 seconds.

Turned on controller without charger connected - red light on left solid, first green solid, second green flashes, third and fourth lights are off. Controller turns off after approximately 25 seconds.
. 20190411_133528.jpg

I took the controller apart and disconnected the battery from the main board for 15 minutes. Reconnected and reassembled controller.

Plugged in charger - left two green lights flash for 70 seconds and then controller turns off. Recalibrated sticks (this was mentioned in a previous post) and connected charger. No change - left two green lights flash and then controller shuts off after 70 seconds.

Turned on controller without charger connected - red light on left solid, first green solid, second green flashes, third and fourth lights are off. Controller turns off after approximately 25 seconds.
.View attachment 110479
Well it was worth a try and has fixed this issue but it sounds like you either have a bad battery or the "cold solder" issue which is a common issue. There are many threads in here about "remote wont charge".

I have contacted an authorized DJI repair center in Toronto and will be shipping R/C Friday for analysis and repair.

I will post what had to be repaired.

Reactions: 3rdof5
Good luck! Is it under warranty?

Thanks for the update sarniac. It is sure to help others in the future with the same problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart