P4 Pro Camera

Reaction score
So... I'm completely torn between purchasing the Mavic for its size and convenience or the P4 Pro for its camera.

Is all the hype justified? The videos I've seen from the bird appear amazing, maybe worth the inconvenience of size as compared to the Mavic.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

So... I'm completely torn between purchasing the Mavic for its size and convenience or the P4 Pro for its camera.

Ask yourself a series of questions, write the answers, and it may make it a little easier for you to make up your mind..
  • Does the price difference between the Mavic and the P4P concern you?
  • Is extreme portability essential? (Reason I say extreme, because to me the P4P is still a very portable bird)
  • Are you going to make use of the added capabilities of the P4P camera?
  • Do you need a drone ASAP?
  • Are you using your photographs/video's for professional, or personal use?
For the records, I have a P4P. Yes, It is an awesome bird, however I would go the Mavic if you don't believe that you will make use of the added camera capabilities.
There will however be a much slower wait time on the Mavic if you need something soon. If not, what about a P4, or even pick up a second hand P4, still a great bird!

Best of luck!

Reactions: jamiemink
I had both the mavic and P4P. I had the mavic for 30 days and sold it to get the p4p because of the camera quality. Don't get me wrong, the mavic is amazing. But after I found a backpack, manfrotto D1, to carry around the p4p I sold my mavic and bought the p4p. Couldn't be happier. Although the mavic is so portable and shoots great video as well. If you want I can link some of my mavic flights for you to watch.

Decision is yours. Both fly and record amazing. However, I like my p4p over the mavic, but that's subjective.

Photos on the p4p are a lot better than the p3p.If the Mavic is the same quality as the p4/p3p/p3, then go with the p4p if you plan on doing photography. Also, the clarity on the screen ,or transmission ,is a lot cleaner.

Also, the clarity on the screen ,or transmission ,is a lot cleaner.
To my knowledge they use the same newest technology, so clarity/transmission would be the same. I could be wrong, but I don't think so, but someone correct me if I am... I couldn't tell a difference in quality between the 2 though.

I had a Mavic Pro, but sold it for a P4P+ to get the better camera I have a Sony RX100 iii so I knew the images would be great, which they are. The Mavic was wonderfully portable, but the images were like going back years in camera quality. I have a 27 inch Retina iMac and like to view my photos full screen (5120 x 2880) so anything less than that resolution doesn't display well. When they put the P4P camera on the Mavic, I will go back to the Mavic.

No mavic is ocusync and the p4p is lightbridge 2.5 i think either way my buddy has the mavic and i can say the images are almost the same but the p4p has it beat in clarity....flying around with this camera makes a diff whether it goes in and out at 720p or1080p

I have both. Ordered the Mavic, they announced the P4Pro, so I ordered it. Both came in just before Christmas. If I had it to part with one, it would be the Mavic. The small size is amazing, but the P4Pro+ has everything else in spades.

Easy: Are you primarily into flying (Mavic), or photography (P4P). Have had both and returned the Mavic. Realized I'm really a photographer; the drone is a fancy tripod extension, and I don't need to rent a helicopter any more.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I had a Mavic Pro, but sold it for a P4P+ to get the better camera I have a Sony RX100 iii so I knew the images would be great, which they are. The Mavic was wonderfully portable, but the images were like going back years in camera quality. I have a 27 inch Retina iMac and like to view my photos full screen (5120 x 2880) so anything less than that resolution doesn't display well. When they put the P4P camera on the Mavic, I will go back to the Mavic.

You just pushed me over the edge, as I'm in total agreement. I'm also a very critical photo snob!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hello Jamiemink I hesitated between mavic and P4P. I chose P4P because of the video. In a manfrotto bag it is easy to carry. I love my P4P and dont regreat my choice. Look at my first vidéo On YouTube

Good luck for your choice.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Seeing that great video makes me give up on mine as faulty from the factory! It's bumpy even if panning on the ground ! Without recording ! Ahhhhh!

Rich

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carloansales